Backend Engineer Location: Hyderabad Experience: 6-10 years The Company
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. The Role
Hitachi Vantara is seeking to hire an experienced Software Engineer to join our Catalog Engineering Team. Responsibilities
Hitachi Vantara Catalog Engineering team plays a critical role in developing next-generation technologies that automate the management of data, information, and creation of knowledge. Our products need to handle information at massive scale across banking, capital markets, retail, energy, and healthcare.
We are looking for developers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, artificial intelligence, machine learning and natural language processing.
As a Software Developer, you will work directly with other developers and Quality Assurance Engineers to understand feature requirements, review technical designs, design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
You will work in a truly international distributed team with main hubs located across three continents: United States, Europe and Asia. REQUIRED SKILLS
Nice to have:
- 5+ years of experience designing and building successful customer facing products
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math, Statistics or equivalent quantitative disciplines.
- Proficient in at least one of the strongly typed programming languages such as Java, Kotlin etc
- Work closely with our deployment use-cases, understand and capture their requirements
- Design and build distributed systems kubernetes - container based deployment strategies
- Optimize container runtime and image payloads for java, kotlin, js applications
- Exposure to Distributed computing and large data processing.
Qualifications Any Engineering Graduate
- Exposure to cloud systems
- Exposure to hadoop distributions
- You've experience with Docker Swarm, DC/OS, Cloud Foundry, OpenStack, CloudStack, AWS, GCP or Azure
- Exposure docker/oci security planning
- Responsibilities: (include but not limited to)
- Design, develop and optimize OCI images, kubernetes deployment patterns and scalable containers
- Planning and executing access security over OCI
- Establishing and driving standards within the team
- Conducting knowledge transfer sessions and training
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.