Technical Product Owner (PO) - Industrial IoT
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs.
Hitachi Vantara is seeking a Technical Product Owner responsible for working with cross-functional teams to drive the direction and product delivery of our state-of-the-art Lumada Industrial DataOps product offerings. In this role you will engage with other Hitachi Vantara product teams, architects and leadership to define and prioritize requirements for our Engineering Team. The successful candidate will have initiative to dig in and solve complex problems, positive work attitude in a team environment and desire to quickly understand numerous cutting-edge container cloud technologies. Hitachi Vantara's success is based on product innovation and technical product management plays a key role in delivery of products with world-class market fit, quality at the fast speed of the markets we serve.
• Drive an agile software development process incorporating user experience, software engineering, and cross-functional stakeholders to deliver on product and technology roadmap and strategy.
• Lead and work with stakeholders, Product Management, Architects and Leadership to provide vision, plan road maps and gather requirements for our Sprint Teams.
• Condense requirements into a prioritized backlog consisting of epics and stories for Sprint Teams to work on.
• Work with architect to break epic stories to user stories.
• Work with Product Designers to define/finalize the desired user experience.
• Lead Sprint Teams in grooming backlog stories and epics.
• Work with scrum team to get ready for sprint demos, refine process, areas for improvement as needed.
• Accountable for each stage of the development process and the final product.
• Tight collaboration and alignment with peer product owners from multiple product teams
• Effective reporting of delivery project progress
• Focus on quality in all aspects of software delivery
• Be the "face of the product" for our scalable, containerized platform. Evangelize our platform and its technology to internal Development teams.
• Monitoring of customer adoption and support metrics and facilitation of customer escalations
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field. Master's degree a plus.
• 7+ years' experience in Technical Product Owner/Management and/or software development on large scale, SAAS/PAAS applications.; industrial platform and/or application experiences a plus.
• Possess experience in building full stack web applications with emphasis on Micro-Services architecture, containers, Kubernetes, RESTful services, cloud service and application technologies with focus on data acquisition, data analytics products
• Passion and thirst for knowledge of back-end services, cloud technologies and scalable container software.
• Understanding of various cloud services from Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure.
• Tech savvy, detail oriented, and highly driven TEAM player.
• Experience with Docker containers.
• Experience with Linux environments (Fedora, Ubuntu, CentOS).
• Excellent communication and project management skills; ability to deal with conflicts
• Strong working experience with agile execution methodologies