Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.Cast Your Own Future.More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com PC Technician ROLE
Waupaca Foundry currently has an opening for a PC Technician. This is an opportunity to join Waupaca Foundry's Help Desk team and assist in providing technical support for all locations.
The successful candidate will assist staff in the Corporate Office and remote locations with technical support of desktop and laptop computers, applications and related technology. This includes providing customer support, installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware/software and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance within established guidelines. DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Primary responsibility is first level end user support and customer service. Follow standard Helpdesk operating procedures; accurately log, track, prioritize and resolve all tickets using Microsoft's System Center Service Manager (SCSM).
- Establish, maintain, and improve client satisfaction through professional, courteous, and helpful service.
- Assist staff with the installation, configuration and ongoing support of desktop computers, peripheral equipment, and software. Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems, including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers. Diagnosing hardware and software problems.
- Assist with technical training of various Employees and Contractors when necessary.
- Repair, replace, and upgrade hardware and software on an as necessary basis. In addition, assist with research and implementation of new hardware and software initiatives.
- Document systems, processes and procedures. Assist with maintaining inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues associated with desktops, laptops, network, local servers, printers, remote access, and file shares. Experience with Microsoft Windows 7, 10 and various server Operating Systems.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, and electronically. Log all help desk interactions accurately thoroughly. Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention - redirect problems to appropriate technical resources.
- Participate in on-call rotation with Help Desk team.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and adapt to changes quickly in a fast moving environment.
- Ability to document, research, identify and attempt to solve technical problems on initial call and/or triage where appropriate for resolution.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, weekends, holidays or on call as needed.
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide technical support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience strongly desired.
- Good problem solving skills; ability to troubleshoot a problem or situation that you may not have previously encountered.
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Experience with latest Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, MS Office, Citrix, BitLocker, Microsoft System Center Service Manger(SCSM), Microsoft System Center Configuration Manger(SCCM)
- Ability to work with or without direct supervision.
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, reference check/verification, and a pre-employment drug screen. BENEFITS :
- Associate's Degree or higher
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Experience in Helpdesk/Desktop Support in a Windows environment for both phone and desk side support.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve level one break/fix and configuration problems with hardware and software in a Windows environment.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement