Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
Preferred skills and attributes for the role
• Strong, proven experience as a DevOps engineer in a scalable production environment administrating one or more of the following: Atlassian Suite of products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Crowd).
• Strong practical Linux-based systems administration skills and scripting experience in a Cloud-based environment.
• Experience working with APIs and Microservices.
• Working knowledge of IP Networking, VPCs, DNS, Load Balancing, and firewalling.
• Experience building infrastructure as code using AWS CDK, Cloud Formation, or similar scripting techniques.
• Experience managing releases into production using AWS Code Pipeline.
• Expertise with Git and Bitbucket, including branching workflows.
• Experience with monitoring suites (Ex: New Relic, Splunk, Sumo Logic) -- is a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to work with a diverse set of colleagues.
• Strong decision-making, problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and testing skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to set priorities, work independently, and attain goals.
• The ethos of continuous improvement and interest in learning new things.
• Strong ability to understand and internalize the big picture and broader implications
• A bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS.
• 5-8 years of experience in software systems, programming, and infrastructure development and administration Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge