The Role NBSS Development Manager Skills:
The main areas of responsibility are:
- Lead & Manage the Development Team for NBSS
- Manage and Control workload for the Development team, including Change and Problem management
- People management of Application Development team
- Leading the Development team to design, develop and implement solutions using for NBSS
- Intersystems Cache/IRIS Expertise
- Providing Peer reviews and feedback for Development team
- Full Life cycle management of Development workload, including Changes/RFC's/Problems and Releases.
- Reviewing, validating and agreeing estimates provided by the Development team
- Analysis of customer requirements and presentation of recommendations, proposals and enhancements moving through to the development lifecycle using a mix of waterfall and agile
- Attending & chairing meetings (internal and external)
- Scheduling & Forecasting of Development Resources to meet business demand
- Contribution to Projects and new business as required
- Scheduling of Releases and arranging implementation in line with Release processes
- Providing occasional Second line support, where required due to business need.
- Ensuring that team manage workload in line with assignments including the production of required documentation and work logs (eg ASD Record updates)
- Responsible for estimate accuracy and variance to agreed estimates
- Responsible for delivery to agreed timelines and priorities, as agreed with the NBSS Service Manager
- Timely escalation of Issues and risks against all development workload.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge