Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
We represent Hitachi Vantara's Strategy & Operations team. This team supports the executive agenda for HV's $3B Digital Infrastructure BU (DIBU). It is focused on driving strategic initiatives including the annual planning process, business transformation programs and Sales & Services improvement programs. We are looking for a Manager, Strategic Initiatives to join this small but critical team. The role, reporting into the Director of Business Strategy & Insights, will be an integral member who will work with a cross functional set of stakeholders to help deliver on the strategic direction of the BU.What You Will Be Doing
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Strategy Creation & Deployment - Collaborate with leadership to define our BU strategy and translate into a set of business priorities. Includes both Horizon 1 and Horizon 2 initiatives. Develop project plans and provide the necessary rigor and discipline to execute on the priorities in a timely manner.
- Stakeholder Management - Build relationships and effectively manage cross functional stakeholders across various organizations including Sales, Marketing, Services, Product to deliver on the desired outcomes
- Analytics & Reporting - Oversee as well as conduct data-driven analyses to validate hypotheses or challenge status quo to drive business improvement initiatives; support in the development of monthly executive presentations and management reporting packs
- 5+ years experience working in the technology industry, either through project work as a management consultant, or working directly for a tech company (ideally both).
- Ideal candidate will posses an MBA (or any other advanced degree) to supplement their professional background
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; ability to think logically and critically to define problems, develop solutions and recommendations; Creative/ out of the box-thinking
- Excellent ability to engage, build relationships, establish trust, influence and drive alignments across various levels of stakeholders including executive management
- Self-directed and results-oriented; strong bias for execution
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge