Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
Hitachi Vantara seeking a Sr. Oracle EBS Developer, who will be responsible for development, customization, and Production Support of R12 Oracle EBS suite applications. This is a hands-on role in IT Global Supply Chain Group.
Job Requirements and Key Duties:
• Responsible for the design, development and implementation of technical solutions in accordance with requirements provided by the business and/or other areas within the IT organization.
• Working knowledge in Oracle E-Business Suite: Oracle ERP applications development with an emphasis on extensions, interfaces, workflows and other technical functions
• Technical proficiency in Oracle Tools: Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Oracle Workflow Builder, Interfaces, PL/SQL, SQL, BI/XML Publisher, Shell Scripting and Oracle APEX.
• Extensive programming and development skills.
• Competency with REST/SOAP API functions.
• Good understanding on Oracle ERP implementations around Supply Chain modules.
• Proficiency in Oracle EBS application modules: Order Management (OM), Inventory, Shipping, WMS, Purchasing, Account Receivables and Cost Management
• Knowledge of latest integration technologies available between applications and platforms.
• Working knowledge of enterprise application system development methodology and life cycle.
• Solid understanding of: relational database concepts, internet technologies, Unix/Linux operating system functions.
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of other. programmer/analysts cross functional peers to support deadlines.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
• Creates new functionality to modify and extend existing apps using appropriate technologies.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
• Perform appropriate code modifications to existing software that is aligned with the tools, procedures, processes, and coding standards.
• Work as part of the technical team to develop code that enhances current software products, as well as assist in the design, development, and implementation of new software products.
• Participate in design and code review sessions to ensure accuracy and maintainability of programming.
• Work with the organization's Project Managers, Quality Assurance, and Infrastructure staff to ensure timely delivery of quality software changes, defect correction, and enhancements.
• Evaluate proposed technical solutions to ensure that they are aligned with the software functionality and attributes.
• Perform unit and systems testing to ensure delivery of quality products.
• Works collaboratively with team of developers and engineers to design and develop moderate to complex web-based or cloud applications
• Special emphasis in Oracle Apex development knowledge to support and enhance the in house built application. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge