-Meet the Team
Vice President, IT Corporate Applications
As the Vice President, IT Corporate Applications, you will be a key member of the Hitachi Vantara Global IT Leadership Team and accountable for leading a global team responsible for the business engagement and IT technologies which enable Hitachi Vantara's back-office business teams including, Finance, Treasury, Supply Chain, Human Resources and Payroll. You will be accountable for the full development lifecycle and support for the Hitachi Vantara's highly complex system landscape including ERP, HCM and other custom platform(s). As a trusted leader, you will collaborate with IT and business leaders to develop and drive Hitachi Vantara's system roadmap with a keen eye on system and process simplification. Finally, to be successful in this role you will bring strong technical leadership, application management skills, strong vendor management, organization, planning and communication skills while motivating and leading a highly skilled technical and engagement team.
• Lead and manage a highly skilled globally distributed team supporting Hitachi Vantara's back-office functions
• Develop and drive Hitachi Vantara's back-office system and platform roadmap
• In partnership with business stakeholders, develop business cases supporting Hitachi Vantara's digital transformation
• Lead the front-office Digital Transformation with a keen eye on process and system simplification, including Hitachi Vantara's ERP consolidation and implementation
• Partner with Procurement to lead vendor negotiations for new solutions and existing renewals, including master agreements and associated Statements of Work
• Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of metrics supporting the Business Applications' Objectives and Key Results
• Develop, track and control the Corporate Applications annual operating and capital budget
• Align and maintain the Business Applications annual goals and objectives
• Provide leadership, mentoring and coaching to support teams members' career development goals
• Keep current with trends and issues within IT industry
• Minimum 15 years of progressive global technology and system architecture leadership experience with ability to lead remote teams
• Experience leading and managing globally distributed teams
• Experience leading teams with modern delivery frameworks including, but not limited to Agile and DevOps
• Proven track-record of leading large-scale global transformation initiatives across multiple back-office platforms and business functions
• Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively (presentation, written and oral) across all levels of the organization
• In-depth knowledge and experience with enterprise level ERP (Oracle and SAP), HCM (Workday) and Procurement (CLM) platforms
• Deep understanding of the Order-to-Cash and Hire-to-Retire processes
• Technical leader with experience in SaaS and on-premise platforms
• Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic roadmap while balancing short-term tactical decisions
• Proven success developing departmental objectives, goals and metrics to drive operational and services best practices.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours, and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge