Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
Sr. AWS-Java developer
1. Java developer with relevant work experience of 7+ years and ability to quickly adapt to fast paced Agile development project. Must possess excellent communication skills and must be a quick learner with organized problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
2. AWS Services : Good understanding of API Gateway, Lambdas, Dynamo DB, Kinesis, SNS, EC2. Node js to write Lambdas, mocha & chai for unit testing.
3. Deep expertise in Java 7 or 8 and especially with building REST services with Jersey API and Dropwizard framework.
4. Working experience in Async programming. Linux based development environments.
5. Extensive experience with Java IDEs specifically IntelliJ IDEA. Extensive experience with GIT and GIT based tools - specifically Atlassian Stash, GIT command line.
6. Hands-on experience on MongoDB, PostgreSQL.
8. Experience with working in short sprints in an aggressive fast paced Agile SCRUM team
9. Ability to work in co-development client teams with fast paced/ time-to-market deadlines
Good to have:
11. Terraform, S3 object storage, Elastic bean stock/docker, VPC, Elastic cache, Swagger for API definition
12. Good understanding Unit testing frameworks like Mocha, Jasmine etc.
13. Good understanding of code analyzers for Test driven development
14. Good understanding of Continuous delivery and continuous integration (CI/ CD) - tools and services - specifically Jenkins, Docker, Amazon Elastic Beanstalk Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge