As a Senior Controls Project Engineer, you will work with some of the most talented engineers in the automation industry. This role will enable you to lead a team and work with customers while integrating some of the most state-of-the-art robotics & technology available. This position is responsible for designing, programming and installing robotic systems and the associated interfacing with other factory control systems including PLCs (programmable logic controller) and HMI (human-machine interface) software. The innovative solutions we work on offer diverse experiences that will strengthen your skills and challenge your abilities.
What You'll Do:
Note: This list of responsibilities is not inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
- Supervise controls engineers and other staff.
- Assist engineers to identify areas for technical and career development.
- Partner with manager to develop engineering department through leadership, training and continuous improvement.
- Manage several on-going projects concurrently, including staffing, workload issues, and meeting project timelines.
- Design controls equipment to meet customer requirements.
- Responsible for leading cross-functional technical teams throughout the lifecycle of various projects.
- Assists with the successful management of assigned programs as they relate to cost, quality, timing and customer satisfaction.
- Develops and designs the controls software packages utilizing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and/or Human/Machine Interfaces (HMI)
- Develops operation manuals that detail the functionality and set-up of the equipment being designed
- Examines and understands customer-supplied specifications in order to ensure the functionality of the equipment meets these specifications
- Ensures the equipment being started up and commissioned operates in accordance with the customer requirements as outlined in the approved specification
- Programs robotic and/or controls equipment per the customer specifications
What You'll Bring:
- Intermediate understanding of electrical circuits, electrical panel design, pneumatic design, hydraulic design, PLC's (Programmable Logic Controller), HMI's (Human Machine Interface), robot programming, VFD's (Variable Frequency Drive), servo application's, and device communication networks (DNET, ENET, and Profibus)
- Ability to demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to interact professionally with customers, and maintain a positive working relationship, which at times may be under difficult circumstances and/or high-pressure situations
What You'll Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline or Technical Diploma with three years of college-level study
- 5+ years of experience designing software packages utilizing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and/or Human/Machine Interfaces (HMI)
- 5+ years programming any of the following types of robots: ABB, Fanuc, Kuka
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!