* Multiple Positions Available
We are looking for Machinists to join our day shift & night shift teams in Stevensville, Michigan.
You will operate various pieces of equipment to support our operation and help Skilled Trades, Applications, Controls, and Mechanical Engineering teams to design, build, program, and deploy custom automated equipment and solutions.
- Night shift schedule: Sunday - Thursday, starting between 5:00PM and 7:00PM (Your Choice).
- Day shift is Monday - Friday.
Apprenticeship Opportunities, Tuition Reimbursement & On the Job Training Available
What You’ll Do:
- Program, set up, and operation of machine tools such as mills, lathes, grinders and drill press. Typically, will be assigned a CNC vertical mill to be ran daily. Mazak, Hurco, Fadal, and Fanuc Robodrill machines.
- Read blueprints and machines metallic and nonmetallic parts to print tolerances.
- Import CAD data and use FeatureCAM software to program CNC machining centers.
- Calculate feeds and speeds, adjusts for cutting conditions to optimize processing.
- Perform PM on machines and maintains the housekeeping of the work area.
- Clearly communicates potential quality issues with management
Note: This list of responsibilities is not inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
Skills You'll Have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years prior machining experience or vocational school preferred
- Journeyman machinist preferred but not necessary
- Maintain a steady pace while bending, kneeling lifting, and loading machines
- Ability to obtain a Hi-Lo (ForkLift), Aerial Platform and Overhead Crane license, along with Lock Out Tag Out training.
- Ability to provide own hand tools and toolbox suitable for the job (a list of those recommended will be provided). Most tools and set up equipment are provided by the shop.
- $4/hour night shift premium.
- Overtime available.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as required.
- Apprentice program available to become journeyman machinist if desired.
- Fast-paced, high mix, low qty runs.
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!