JR Automation is seeking a Senior Buyer for our Ogden, Utah location.
What You’ll Do:
- Purchasing of direct material from project bills of material in a manner that is consistent with Supply Chain Management and JR corporate strategy.
- Communicates with internal personnel regarding timing of budget, material delivery, payment terms, and product discrepancies.
- Maintain orders to ensure project schedule is achieved.
- Enters purchase orders into purchasing system(s) as needed.
- Ensures proper documentation of supplier and purchasing related material.
- Assists with correcting discrepant supplier invoices and packing slips when necessary.
- Assists Applications Engineering with the pricing and lead time requirements on potential jobs.
- Interacts with suppliers, team members, and internal customers in a manner that is distinguished by a high level of professionalism and ethics.
- Works to help achieve departmental and business unit goals, with a strong emphasis on working capital management, supplier on time delivery and material cost savings and avoidance.
- Assists in maintaining positive supplier relationships.
- Works with engineering to select value added suppliers.
- Negotiates pricing, payment terms, delivery, and other items as necessary with suppliers.
- Mentor Associate Buyers to ensure they are following other JR processes and procedures.
- Work closely with Commodity/Strategic Purchasing Team to ensure each business unit is achieving the best possible value available from the supply base.
- Work with Supply Chain Management team members from other business units to ensure common process, procedures and best practices are shared and implemented as appropriate.
- Any other work as assigned by the Purchasing Manager from time to time.
- Manufacturing Industry experience preferred.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of purchasing experience preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and organized.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Proficient in MS Office.
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!