Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
Role: Internal Auditor
Reports to: Internal Audit Manager
Role location: India (Hyderabad / Pune)
The Hitachi Vantara Internal Audit Department performs assurance services for the Internal Control and Risk Committee and the Audit Committee as well as process improvement consulting engagements for Management. In addition, Internal Audit manages J-SOX activities working closely with the External Auditor and the parent company in Japan.
This role reports to the Manager of Internal Audit based in APAC (India) and will perform, support, and various types of operational audits, consulting engagements, sales office audits and reviews as well as support on J-SOX Compliance activities. This position will support other internal audit team members as needed to achieve the department's goals and will be an advocate of controls and company policy.
The candidate should have moderate knowledge of SOX requirements/ internal/external audits and accounting practices. The candidate should be able to work collaboratively across various departments, regions, and cultures.
We are looking for a team member who is excited to join an organization that is transforming quickly and who wants to make an impact on changes in Internal Audit and the overall organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct / Support various types of audits and consulting engagements, including but not limited to process reviews, data analysis, J-SOX activities, operational reviews, and system implementation reviews
• Prepare quality work papers, or other deliverables timely and professionally to document testing adequately and clearly, support conclusions, communicate findings to Audit lead or in-charge, in accordance with our audit methodology
• Exercise critical thinking and judgment when evaluating the business impact and significance of audit findings, identifying mitigating controls and other factors to assess the residual risks.
• Able to complete the allocated J-SOX tasks on time and, making sure the status of testing is progressing. Report any obstacles to audit lead timely.
• Working on multiple priorities/projects for on-time delivery, proactively providing status of all activities to Internal Audit management and relevant business stakeholders
• Provide support for Audit Projects, i.e., partner audits/ country audits, and compliance activities.
• Assist in special assignments by analyzing data sets, interpretation of analysis results etc.
• All team members in the global IA department
• Business functions and relevant staff
• External Audit teams (for J-SOX)
• Various contacts in Internal Controls & Finance DepartmentWhat you bring to the team
• Minimum 3 years of audit (internal/external) experience or accounting firm consulting/advisory experience is required
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, CA (CPA equivalent)
• Strong understanding of and experience in SOX or J-SOX compliance, including internal control, documentation, and testing
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to build strong relationships across cross-functional teams
• Be flexible to accommodate working with a global workforce
• Can adapt quickly to changing work environments, priorities and tight deadlines
• Analytical, good problem solver and "out-of-the box" thinker
• No passport/visa restrictions to travel
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge