Meet our Team
Our Healthcare Managed Service team are a specialist team that provide technical and functional Application Management Services for our NHS end users across most of the UK. What you'll be doing
You'll be working as a key part of our managed service teams with a specialist team of developers, testers, support consultants and service managers. You will lead the Cloud Engineering function for the team, providing support and direction to the team and Service Director. You will cover at least two critical healthcare services, plus support for projects as maybe required. You may also be required to provide technical cloud infrastructure services and leadership for other ITO (IT Outsourcing) services, such as retail, transport, and finance services; however, your primary role will be within healthcare. Our services use both agile and waterfall methodologies so ideally you will have worked in both during your career. The ability to help move towards a DEVOPS environment and ways of working for at least one of these services is strongly desirable. The Role
What you bring to the role
- Overall responsibility for the ongoing architecture / security infrastructure of the Azure environment
- Technical Support for all allocated environments
- Updates / Additions / Fixes to the automation / terraform code and associated artefacts when required
- Ongoing knowledge transfer to the designated resources
- Assist with the strategy of optimisation of environments (driven by the envs manager)
- Creation of Azure AD to support accounts to be used in this environment until this function has been handed over to the designated admin in the core service teams.
- Extensive experience of infrastructure modernization and 2+ years working in the cloud;
- Strong and proven Microsoft Azure Platform track record
- Experience with Landing Zones / Cloud Foundations
- Healthcare/HSCN/Azure Express Way Network awareness and Cloud Transition,
- IaC - Infrastructure as Code with tools like Terraform, Ansible, Powershell
- Excellent Windows, good Linux,
- Desirable to have Intersystems IRIS/Cache knowledge
- Team Player but able to work alone as required.
- Able to multi task and support multiple demands
- Highly Organised / Keeps promises
- Strong networking experience with hybrid data centres, subnets, VPN / IPSec, Network Security Groups, routing tables and
- Network Virtual Appliance devices
- Able to write good documentation clearly in English, perform handovers and knowledge transfer sessions with internal and external resources.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Client facing stakeholder management skills/experience dealing with Users, third parties and Clients
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge