For over 100 years, Hitachi Vantara Federal has been inventing the future through an innovative mindset and leading the way in data-driven solutions. Hitachi Vantara Federal is meeting an urgent and fast-growing demand that combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions. Our company is positioned to continue to deliver extraordinary outcomes that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of businesses. We drive advantage for our clients by combining IT, operational technology (OT), and domain expertise. Join our team today to help continue to make the extraordinary happenJob Description:
- Implement CommVault Deduplication
- IP Network, WAN and LAN free (SAN) based data backup design and configuration (familiarity)
- Data protection and backup recovery solutions familiarity such as using virtual tape, disk to disk to tape, data replication
- Unix and/or Windows systems administration experience
- Configuring, Maintaining NDMP backups for various NAS technologies
- Configuring, Maintaining and Troubleshooting Database Backups - Oracle, SQL, SAP, Exchange.
- Perform all chargeback estimation, provisioning, and documentation tasks in a timely manner.
- Produce regular reports for management, to assist in cost recovery, capacity planning and consolidation.
- Planning for Media rotation, Management and Offsite Movement Scheduling of New Backups/ Modifying existing Jobs
- Performing Restores Backup Monitoring and Reporting Tool Installation
- Troubleshooting Backup Failures
- Scripting / Automation of Minor Tasks.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of CommVault.
- Configuring Multiplexing, Multi-streaming and Disk Staging to optimize the Backup process.
- Administration and Optimization of Database Agents of Netbackup on Exchange, SQL Servers.
- SAN and NAS implementation of CommVault e.g., HNAS. Administration and planning contribution to Disaster Recovery with CommVault for Windows and UNIX platforms.
- Handle issues related to CommVault Catalog databases, Storage Units, Policies, De-Duplication, vStorage APIs, etc.
Advanced Technical Skills/Proficiency:
- Very strong working knowledge of CommVault
- Thorough understanding of CommVault policy-drive backup/restore architecture and best practices.
- Well versed with configuring and maintaining CommServe, Media Agents and clients.
- Competent in configuring disaster recovery and fault tolerant features.
- Competent in configuring Storage Policies and copies for de-duplicated disk and tape libraries.
- Competent in configuring Schedules and Schedule Policies for data management and administrative functions.
- Competent in installation and configuration of Non-de-duplicated and Deduplication Media Agents in Small to Extra Large environments.
- Competent in installation and configuration of disk and tape libraries.
- Competent in installing, configuring and troubleshooting client backup/restore agents.
- Experienced in Windows and Unix/Linux server administration including routine patching in a CommVault environment.
- Knowledgeable in TCP/IP and SAN technologies.
- Knowledgeable in CommVault firewall configuration and deployment issues.
- Knowledgeable in data center operations including handling tape library configuration and day to day operations.
- Competent in monitoring and administering CommVault daily operations including performance monitoring and resource management.
- Experienced in CommVault Maintenance Advantage incident submission and resolution.
- Experienced in CommVault upgrades, Service Pack and Hotfix deployment.
- Experienced in managing the CommServe Software Cache and Remote Caches.
- Competent in resolving file and system level restore requests.
- Knowledgeable in CommVault auditing, command line operations, logging and reporting features.