Summary of the position:
The Sales Application Engineer is a sales support role working directly with our customers/distributors to ensure highest quality, and most reliable system is provided for their application. Working as part of a cross functional team, the Application Engineer role allows for a diverse set of experiences including requirement development, design, field support and direct customer interfacing. This individual will complete and/or coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and provide customer focused input to the team for success in the market.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with internal and external Product Management, Commercial, and Engineering teams to develop proposals based on authorize specifications and market requirements.
- Work directly with engineering teams/ product manager to define and coordinate projects.
- Serve as the technical point of contact and facilitate communication between the sales team, engineering support team and customers/distributors – pre sales via sales manager and post sales support
- Prepare technical/commercial proposal for submission.
- Provide parts quote to distributor with clarification on serial number and part number
- Provide support during new product launches and on an as-needed basis for quality, reliability and productivity improvements.
- Support for product training, pre-sales technical; marketing activities ( brochure/ ppt and sales tools), when assigned.
- Build the library of competition, updated competition info and activities, keep the installation reference for SEA.
- Establish a library of data sheets and drawing for all the range of products
- Take responsibility of ensuring products registrations, certificates and local regulations and safety standards, as well as technical and operational guidelines from Sullair.
- Handle warranty and quality claim between distributor and factories
- Work with the Service Team Support to identify and resolve field issues.
- Work out the annual training program and perform it with timely manner.
- Provide support to meet assigned quality and reliability targets.
- Travel 10-30% in SEA to customer sites and facilities.
- Other tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 3-5 years’ experience and/or related, or Diploma in mechanical engineering with > 5 years experience.
- 5 years practical compressor industry experience preferred
- Language: English & Mandarin language.
- Experience in the specifications of oil-flooded screw, oil- free screw compressed air systems required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong customer focus with a demonstrated ability to develop relationships and interface with customers on critical technical matters.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Technical aptitude to quickly and efficiently gather, understand, condense and organize information necessary to make informed engineering decisions.
- Ability to communicate clearly using both written and verbal methods.
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of the organizations including both internal and external customers.
- Possess a self-motivated desire to learn and have the ability to share and apply new knowledge effectively.
- Strong analytical abilities and technical knowledge of systems and controls.
- Initiative and independence with a demonstrated ability to succeed in a cross functional team environment.
- Business result-oriented, intercultural sensitivity.
- Prefer experience in working in MNC previously.
- Must work well in a team environment
- Proactive and positive attitude.