As a Business Unit Finance Manager at JR Automation, you will manage and provide financial oversight to an entire Business Unit and its senior leadership team. This role is expected to be a major thought partner to the Business Unit’s General Manager. On a regular basis you will provide comprehensive financial updates and analysis to senior management as well as other business leaders. Our Business Unit in South Carolina spans two locations (Greenville and Liberty) and employs approximately 120 employees.
The ideal candidate will be a high-energy, passionate finance professional who thrives on developing strong relationships with internal and external customer groups, solving problems, and improving business processes and practices. The Finance Manager is the main influencer of the business unit driving financial results.
Candidates coming from a manufacturing environment would be a strong plus, but not a requirement. We are looking for candidates with financial analysis experience and a strong grasp of accounting principles. A confident, task-driven individual who works with a strong sense of urgency will be successful in this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Financial support for the Business Unit (BU) Managers. Act as the internal business consultant for the BU Managers, with a focus on improving the BU performance (both financial and operational) and connecting the BU performance to the overall gross profit & EBITDA performance of JR Automation. This includes supporting the quoting, orders, costs, gross profit, EBITDA, safety, quality, delivery and working capital efforts of the BU through financial and operational metrics and analysis.
- Responsible for all reporting and analysis of financial results related to the BU. This includes engaging the BU Managers to discuss the financial performance and working capital management results in a timely fashion. In addition to reporting the results, this effort should also include the identification of the primary activities that caused the results and utilization of this information to identify the activities that will drive the future forecasted financial results. These efforts include analysis of specific job performance.
- Responsible for engaging with the Accounting Team during the monthly close process and assisting with the related entries and reconciliations and the continuous improvement of those tasks and activities, in partnership with the Accounting Team.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial forecasts for the BU. This includes engaging the BU Managers in monthly discussions to develop the monthly forecast for the Director of Finance. In addition to the forecasted financials, this effort should also include the identification of the activities that will drive the operational and financial results, the timing of those activities, the owner of each activity, and the expected financial impact.
- Responsible for the preparation of the BU annual operating plan (AOP) and related processes, which includes collaboration with the BU Managers and support of the Director of Finance in the strategic planning process. In addition to the plan financials, this effort should include the identification of the activities (e.g., continuous improvement events, capital investment, headcount changes, etc.) that will drive the plan results, the timing of those activities and plan financial results, and the connection to the overall strategic objectives of JR Automation. Correlation between the Sales Team plans and BU plans is critical.
- Responsible for working capital management through engagement with the BU Managers during the quote process to assist with credit terms negotiations. In addition, engagement with the BU Managers to drive towards JIT inventory for customer jobs. Also, engage with the BU Managers to assist with A/R collection efforts. This includes engaging with the Accounting Team on a monthly basis to analyze the impact of these activities on gross margin, balance sheet and cashflow impacts.
- Responsible for driving financial process enhancements which includes the implementation of Lean Accounting methodologies, financial continuous improvement activities and participation in BU continuous improvement events and a link of those activities to the financial results of the BU.
- Provide support to the Project Managers regarding the WIP and Capacity reviews for each job within your respective BU, which drives monthly revenue recognition (% of completion method). Engagement in this process on a weekly basis is critical.
- Provide support to the Director of Finance and Controller for the continuous improvement of JR Automation IT systems and related management reporting for the BU. This includes engaging in Great Plains, Baan, Operations Manager, and Excel systems and management reporting enhancements.
- Responsible for engaging with the other BU Finance Managers (peers) to ensure consistent accounting processes, analysis and reports are in place throughout JR Automation. In addition, collaboration with the other BU Finance Managers (peers) to identify best practices is expected.
- Responsible for assisting with contract administration, including interpretation of contract provisions that may impact program management and achievement of project financial targets.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
- 5+ years of Finance and/or Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated career progression
- CPA, CMA or MBA preferred
- Project Accounting a plus
Skills You’ll Have:
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership sills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!