Meet our Team
We are the Identity and Access Management team, part of Enterprise Information Security at Hitachi Vantara, and we are passionate advocates of information security! We maintain key tools and software in our corporate environment that ensures the proper identity and access management of our employees, vendors, customers, and partners. We are out-of-the-box thinkers, innovators, and team players. We constantly seek new and better ways of doing things. We need highly motivated individuals to join our dynamic team who have positive attitudes and want to be part of something special. We strive for nothing less than the very best IAM program! What you'll be doing
As an experienced, technically sound Senior CIAM Specialist, you will join a squad of IAM/Okta developers and engineers, reporting to the Senior Manager of Identity and Access Management. Working closely with other teams and tools including Partner and Customer Experience, Salesforce, and Auth0, you will help to mature the Consumer Identity and Access Management program at Hitachi Vantara.
As an expert at managing, configuring, and developing CIAM platforms, you will be responsible for maintaining the health and proper functioning of our external identity ecosystem. This will include designing and maintaining workflows around user registration, progressive profiling, inbound federation, sign in policies, custom authorization servers, role management, webhooks, and token validation. This is an excellent opportunity to rebuild and redesign the external identity program from the ground up and work within a very large scale, supporting the Hitachi Limited brand and their subsidiaries.
Your tasks will also include:
What you bring to the team
- Creating, reviewing, and maintaining custom OAuth and OIDC integrations with Okta.
- Management of application access policies and authorization server policies.
- Advising SaaS solution development and engineering teams in matters of Identity Management including authentication, authorization, token management, API validation, and more.
- Designing processes for how new users should be onboarded to downstream application platforms.
- Understanding and evaluating complex applications. The correct candidate for this role should be comfortable assessing many different application architectures, API contracts, and user management systems.
- Evaluating, improving, and maintaining our external user experience.
- Developing Okta Workflows to supplement native provisioning and registration processes.
- Developing custom code to interact with Okta's public facing APIs. Terraform experience is a plus.
- Onboarding customer and partner identity provider integrations to our environments.
- Managing Org2Org federations with other companies in the Hitachi Group.
- 5+ years with Okta within a large enterprise scale Okta environment (10,000+ users).
- Must have solid/expert level experience with OIDC - Open ID Connect and 0Auth.
- Strong/expert level understanding of authentication mechanisms and protocols including OIDC/OAuth and SAML, and key related security concepts such as MFA, and how these are used with Okta and other IdPs, and the ability to trouble shoot issues in this realm.
- Strong/expert level experience integrating applications with Okta for SSO
- Hands on experience with Okta workflows or scripting with Okta's Public facing APIs (to allow for automation of tasks)
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application. (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- Great interpersonal skills: good written & oral communication in English, ability & willingness to work within international team, collaborative & team-oriented approach, being self-driven with an ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and variables in a dynamic and fast-moving, large-scale project with tight deadlines, multiple priorities and under defined budget, high attention to details and quality.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge