Meet The Team
Common Infrastructure Product Management team at Hitachi Vantara is responsible for managing launch, go-to-market and P&L of selected Compute, Network and Storage HW products. The team offers solutions to customers worldwide from a variety of verticals e.g., banking, insurance, manufacturing and IT in enterprise and commercial segments. Product portfolio managed by this team addresses storage, analysis, and transfer of data. Flexibility of work hours and location, combined with a customer-centric approach in a collaborative environment makes the job rewarding, challenging and fun.
Our Senior Product Manager Compute will guide the roadmap for its rack-and blade-server product line. The Senior Product Manager Compute will focus on defining and influencing features and has responsibility for market analysis, technology trends, feature prioritization and requirements definition. The Senior Product Manager Compute will play a significant role in the business and resulting technology decisions for storage and compute solutions that use x86 compute. The Senior Product Manager Compute requires a candidate passionate about continuously furnishing highly innovative software- and hardware-based compute and storage solutions to the market.What You Will Be Doing
What You Bring To The Team (Qualifications)
- Build compute product strategy, gather feature and functionality requirements from customers and sales teams and prioritize those for Engineering.
- Identify customer problems in the target market segments and translate these into and use cases.
Work closely with Engineering team on development schedule, feature validation and interop with OS and management software. Your prior experience in Product Management roles will help Manage all Go-to-Market (GTM) activities for new products and collaborate with a cross-functional team toward successful product launch/update.
- Manage entire lifecycle of the assigned product(s) and perform other duties as assigned.
- BS degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. Master's degree in EE/CE/CS or MBA a plus.
- 10+ years' experience, with at least 5 years in Product Management or Systems Engineering in an IT company.
- Deep technical understanding of enterprise compute and storage environments, deployments and use cases.
- Expertise in Server architecture, networking components and system management software. Strong knowledge of Intel and AMD CPU portfolio.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Product marketing experience in server marketing a plus.
- Position is based in the United States and will travel about 25% of the time.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge