*US Residency and working authorization required. West Coast preferred.
Hitachi Vantara is looking for a Strategic Alliance / Business Development Manager to build a global strategic relationship with Microsoft and key partners associated with Microsoft. The role is responsible for establishing and leading a global strategy, driving revenue, cross functional alignment, execution and GTM activities with Microsoft. The Global Alliance Manager (GAM) will work successfully within Hitachi Vantara as well as within the sales and partner organization through building credibility, effective communication, evangelizing the Hitachi Vantara story, strategy and vision and cultivating key executive relationships that result in jointly differentiated solutions and mutual revenue achievement. Responsibilities Alliance Management (30%)
• Cultivate relationships with key parties within Microsoft and align/develop a joint strategy that has a long-term focus that brings to market long term, jointly differentiated solutions.
• Take input from product management, solution management, Business Segment Leaders and Geo Leaders, Global Accounts Management Team and key Global Account Customers to develop ISV strategies, programs and metrics for success that are aligned to the company's business priorities worldwide.
• Work with product management and engineering from both organizations to ensure appropriate technology integrations and support and endure roadmap briefings and knowledge sharing.
• Effectively partner across the entire value chain to enable strategic solutions to be delivered to the global market.
• Evaluate Microsoft's strategies and provide analysis and recommendations to Hitachi Vantara management.
• Promote an inspiring and positive attitude during face-to-face, verbal, and written communications.
• Can reach appropriate resolution in many varied situations in a positive, effective manner. Sales Development (70%)
• Develop a business plan around building a successful partnership with Microsoft that allows both organization to monetize the relationship.
• Responsible for supporting the overall global sales strategies, GTM plan and generating results from our partnership with Microsoft.
• Assure all registrations are properly recorded with Microsoft partner systems and recognition and financial rewards are properly captured
• Work with appropriate Hitachi Vantara and Microsoft resources (marketing, channel and field sales, etc) to execute GTM efforts for all appropriate Hitachi Vantara solutions, delivering incremental revenue.
• Work effectively across functions with other Hitachi Vantara employees to manage and grow the Microsoft business with Hitachi Vantara.
• Leverage a broad understanding of the Hitachi Vantara and Microsoft products/offerings being represented
• Be the subject matter expert on solutions associated with the partnership and articulate the customer, partner and sales value propositions for the partnership.
• Provide market impact status information to Hitachi Vantara Management including Hitachi Vantara + Partner forecast & pipeline information.
• Build a 360-degree knowledge of the Microsoft relationship and partnership activity across the key Hitachi business units.
• Effectively interface at many levels with senior managers. Qualifications
• 5-10 years of experience in managing relationships with Microsoft required.
• 10+ years of experience working with Partners, Alliances and Systems Integrators. Possesses requisite technical and business acumen with broad industry knowledge.
• Highly skilled at developing executive-level relationships.
• Experience achieving annual revenue results of at least $50M, with a proven track record of growth.
• Extensive knowledge of GTM models, including sell with, sell to, sell through, co-branding, and OEM.
• Demonstrated success in building and leading global cross-functional teams.
• 5-10+ years working in global, complex business models that have successfully delivered solutions to market.
• Advanced ability to work and manage within a heavily matrixed and global organization.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with demonstrated strength in public speaking. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge