Job Title: Business Development Manager / Solutions Sales Specialist (Content & Data Intelligence solutions)
Location: Hong Kong
Reporting To: APAC Business Leader - Content and Data Intelligence
Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.
What you'll be doing
Business Development Manager - Content and Data Intelligence is responsible for managing the Content Solutions business across Hong Kong and Taiwan region. The individual will be expected to have a good working knowledge of the Content and Data Intelligence Solutions (Unstructured Data), ISV market and the partner eco-system. The candidate will leverage their experience of solution sales to take a pro-active approach in driving Hitachi Vantara growth in this key market.
Solution Sales Specialist is part of the APAC Specialist Organization and work in close conjunction with CMT Sales and Presales teams. Success will be measured through development of solution pipeline, tactical execution of business initiatives, strategic wins, and revenue target attainment.
Although this role is supported by in-depth Technical Experts from APAC region, the candidate needs to demonstrate a reasonable depth of understanding of Data Centre infrastructure, Customer applications and Industry Trends especially for Unstructured Data (File and Object Storage Solutions). A background and knowledge in Backup / Archival solutions and Data Lake / Big data is highly recommended. Experience and knowledge of ISV solutions like Veritas / CommVault / Cloudera / Video Surveillance etc. and Cloud technologies like Amazon S3 and Azure Blob is desirable.
What you bring to the team
• Building and maintaining the Content and Data Intelligence Solutions business plan for Hong Kong and Taiwan Region
• Effective pipeline creation, management and forecasting for Hong Kong and Taiwan region, and owning updates on progress to the Sales leadership.
• Becoming the trusted advisor for Content and Data Intelligence Solution centric opportunities to the field sales force.
• Effective prioritisation of opportunities & resources to drive deal closures.
• Field and partner sales enablement for Content and Data Intelligence Solutions portfolio.
• Representing Hitachi Vantara at appropriate industry events.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• A minimum of 12 years' IT experience in Product / Solution Sales in a High Value solution-oriented company primarily in Object Storage solutions.
• Good Sales knowledge of Object Storage solutions and prior experience in working for Technology companies and System Integrators in the Object storage solution space
• Some skills and knowledge in selling BigData / Hadoop / Data Analytics is preferred.
• Ability to conduct Customer value workshops, participate and present in customer events, EBCs and conduct Demos clearly articulating value for customers.
• A clear understanding of a solutions sales approach and value-added selling.
• This role has no direct reports. However, provides guidance to account teams.
• Highly proficient in written and spoken business English.
• Well organized, adaptable and a clear thinker with strong communication and interpersonal skills. Willingness to accept responsibility and ownership.
• Innovative, actively looking for solutions to problems, a catalyst for change.
• The ability to manage competing business pressures effectively. Work with key stake holders, leaders in the company to bring key issues to resolution.
• A good understanding of consultative or solutions selling techniques.
• Educated to degree level as a minimum.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge