Job ID: R0010580
Date Posted: Jul 19, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS Australia Pty Ltd
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate System Validation Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Brisbane (Queensland, Australia).
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Required Skills/ Knowledge
• 2-3 years of System Validation or Testing & Laboratory Integration Experience on ETCS systems (preferred, not mandatory).
• Background in Electrical Engineering; able to read and understand schematics, books of plans, and other mechanical drawings, or
• Background in SW development and testing, particularly in IEE1483 and EN 50128 standards , or
• Background in standard signaling disciplines and concepts (Interlocking Operation, ATP Operation, ATS Operation)
• Capability to integrate and maintain, in laboratory, different equipment and sub systems (sub system integration and system integration), in order to build the required testing environment. Knowledge about the Test Processes. Ability to define and execute the test procedures to validate the system requirements and interfaces. Experience and knowledge in the operational rules of a rail and metro network.
• Capability to ensure the definition of the correct strategy in terms of compliance of specifications to requirements (Verification), and in terms of test planning and methodologies (Validation). Capability to ensure the coverage of all the functional and safety critical aspects, in terms of management of requirements, tests definition, execution and analysis at application level.
• Excellent communication skills [spoken and written]
• Proficient knowledge in DOORS, Microsoft Office Products; limited knowledge of National Instruments LabVIEW
• Knowledge of computer virtualization
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
• Limited working knowledge of safety analysis and RAM analysis
Education / Qualifications
Master Degree in Electric/Electronic/SW Engineering.
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/