Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. The Role
Sr Full Stack Software Engineer
Hitachi Vantara is looking for a high energy, teamwork oriented, software engineer to work as part of the engineering organization responsible for the development of the IoT product line, in particular Smart Spaces and Video Intelligence related applications.
Working in close collaboration with an international team of industry experts co-located between Europe and United States, the individual will be part of an agile SCRUM team and will be proactively part of the full-software development cycle, from requirements analysis and estimation till the development and deploy of the product, also working in collaboration of a Quality Assurance team. Responsibilities
• Development of new capabilities and features for Hitachi Vantara IoT applications, based on requirement, corporate standards and UX Designers mockups.
• Development will span from frontend-focused task to backend implementations, depending on Product Management requirements.
• Follow team processes, which also include code reviews procedures.
• Collaboration and teamworking with engineering team members, following tech architects and senior engineers' guidelines.
• Interaction with the rest of the international teams through various collaboration software: from messaging to task tracking and conf-call applications.
• Working within an agile SCRUM team.
• Collaborate with Product Owners during grooming, planning and development phase to ensure the development follows the requirements.
• Collaborate with QA Engineering team to ensure the correct qualification of the product releases.
• INNOVATE AND DRIVE CHANGES! Hitachi Vantara is a no-fuss, safe and healthy organization. We share, we brainstorm, and we enjoy a friendly atmosphere together, where everyone's opinion matters and can contribute to the team success. We are willing to help each other's, and we win together as a team. Required Qualifications
• Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices.
• 6-10+ years of experience in software development.
• Knowledge of C#, Microsoft .Net Frameworks, .Net Core 3.1 or later.
• Knowledge of Microsoft .Net Web API Framework.
• Experience on web development with Typescript, ReactJS, NodeJS.
• Experience on Micro-frontend frameworks and architecture.
• Knowledge of database solutions, especially MongoDB and PostgreSQL.
• Knowledge of messaging systems like RabbitMQ.
• Knowledge of container and relative orchestration systems (K8, Docker)
• Knowledge of cloud computing platforms like Azure, AWS, OpenShift and respective deployment operations.
• Understanding of Microservices architecture and main concepts.
• Understanding of Identity Management systems like Keycloak.
• Knowledge of version-control systems, in particular Git and related platforms (GitLab, BitBucket, GitHub).
• Understanding of collaboration platforms (JIRA, Slack, etc..).
• Understanding of automation, continuous integration and build tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, GitLab CI, etc...).
• Understanding of Agile methodology principles and SCRUM framework basics.
• Degree or bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related disciplines.
• Full professional proficiency of read, written, and spoken English.
• Availability to possible spot, short time (1 week average), travel worldwide. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge