Meet our Team
Hitachi is a global $5bn Data Solutions and Services firm. In the Global Supply Chain Group Customer Experience is at the heart of everything we do. Every decision we make, each action we take is to benefit the customer. Our purpose is to empower people to stay one step ahead in life and in business. If you want to work at a place with lots of freedom to innovate, where we are committed to deliver stable and secure service and a "single version of the truth" to end users. We have a 'no nonsense' getting-things done mentality so if that is you - please read on! What you'll be doing
As a Data Engineer (Full Stack Developer), you will have huge responsibility for the development of our global data platform. You will further develop the architecture and create new architectures for incoming projects for the Global Supply Chain Group. This is a highly cross-functional role. Your work will span long and short-range demand planning, supply planning, transportation, inventory, orders and fulfilment for B2B and the automation of important metrics that monitor our business, all to improve the Customer Experience.
Your passion is to work with the latest and greatest technologies that make working with large amounts of Supply Chain data easy, you are pro-active in keeping yourself up to date and are always searching for new ways to discover new technologies. You also enjoy laying the architectural foundations for the things you are working on. You combine both thinking of the future and a hands-on, right now attitude. You will work in a global team with highly skilled people and enjoy a creative atmosphere where trying things out is encouraged. What you bring to the team
What you can expect from us:
- Taking and translating business requirements into technical specifications;
• Programming in these languages: Ruby, Python, SQL;
• Linux system software knowledge (upgrades, testing, and coordination)
• Effective communication (Dutch and English at business level) and able to engage with all levels and disciplines
• Comfortable in a highly dynamic international environment,
• Winner's mentality (not afraid to challenge the existing);
• Fluent English written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse and emerging web technology
Working at Hitachi Vantara means working in a dynamic and international setting. Individual development of our employees is very important and that is why Hitachi Vantara offers excellent courses and programs. You will be part of the Global Supply Chain Group, a high-performance team. Our values and believes are value people, integrity & trust, development, collaboration and accountability & empowerment.
You will work on innovative projects within Hitachi Vantara. In addition, we offer:
• Challenging and entrepreneurial position within globally operating, venturous company with a strong product portfolio and market position, with extreme ambitions;
• Competitive salary compensation with incentive plan and great benefits; we even have our own gym!
• Great training and education possibilities.
• International atmosphere and working in an area which is of great importance to the strategy of the Global Supply Chain Group;
• A-full time position (40-hour week);
• Great workplace located in Zaltbommel, The Netherlands, walking distance to the train station (Hybrid working)
• Strong focused, passioned and highly skilled and talented team
• We even have our own company restaurant and gym and we love to do fun stuff too! Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.