Meet The Team
The system integration software developer will be responsible for developing integrated solution software for the Hitachi Solutions for SAP HANA Platform. The candidate will develop solution software for Linux OS installation & upgrade, LVM/Filesystem creation, and SAP HANA SW installation & configuration.What You Will Be Doing
What You Bring To The Team (Qualifications)
- Design, implement, test, and document Hitachi Converged Solutions.
- Integrate and automate installation, configuration, and tuning of SuSE and Red Hat Linux releases for Hitachi SAP HANA solutions.
- Develop and deliver test plans, lab reports, technical presentations, analyst briefings, and white papers to address various areas of Hitachi Converged Solutions.
- Deliver proof-of-concept configurations and analysis to be demonstrated and presented to customers and Hitachi Vantara internal personnel.
- Support, assist, and consult with all levels of Hitachi Vantara, including Account Executives, Product Management, Product Marketing, Product Support, etc., through delivery of technical presentations and reports.
- Responsible for ongoing recommendations and best practices for Hitachi Converged Solutions around business continuity, high availability, backup, recovery, and archiving.
- Responsible for ongoing solution lifecycle management of configuration and software stack of UCP solution infrastructure.
- Interface with SAP Product Management, Engineering teams, Lab teams.
- Software development experience in design, coding, unit testing, and system testing of integration solutions.
- Proficiency in scripting languages: Python and BASH shell script.
- In-depth knowledge in Linux kernel, device driver, networking, utilities, clustering, and VMware.
- Ability to set up HANA, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, or PostgreSQL database for development & testing is a plus.
- Hands on experience with Hitachi/IBM/HP/Cisco/Dell server technology is a plus.
- Hands on experience with Hitachi/IBM/HP/EMC/NetApp storage arrays is a plus.
- Performance tuning is a plus.
- A team player and fast technology learner is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent problem solver and ability to work independently.
- Ability to understand new technology and get an understanding of what is required to integrate it into existing solutions or develop new solutions based on this technology.
- Excellent internal and external customer skills. Possess the ability to work and communicate with the senior technical and executive levels including consultants, SE, DSM, PM, VP, etc.
- Possess the ability to work and communicate with the senior technical and executive levels including consultants, SEs, DSMs, PMs, VPs, and customers.
- Possess the ability to work on extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or conditions requires an evaluation of intangible variance factors with solutions in the $100K to $20M spectrum.
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and formatting these results in such a way as to benefit the corporation's customers, partners, sales, revenue, and overall profit.
- Ability to justify and quantify findings and analysis where decisions would impact customers, partners, sales, revenue, and profit, as well as Hitachi Vantara' reputation.
- Leadership and project management roles will be assigned for tasks and projects as required.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge