As a Lead Applications Engineer, you will work alongside a team of automation experts. Together you will develop an accurate budget and project quote outlining key concept points, sequence of operations and mechanical descriptions to ultimately create custom, innovative and integrated solutions for our customers. This is a role for a creative engineer that likes customer interaction and solving problems.
What You’ll Do:
- Developing AE department through Level 1, 2, and 3 AE training.
- Executing periodic personnel performance reviews.
- Managing team member work prioritization, capacity tracking, quote status tracking, and initiating and leading quote kick-off meetings.
- Supporting AE Manager with interviews, hours approvals, and leading department meetings.
- Supporting Account Managers by attending customer visits for key accounts.
- Travel independently.
- Supporting Account Managers with ensuring pain points and competitive advantages are identified and leveraged into the proposals.
- Developing internal win strategy and execution, understanding customer pain points, coordinating AE team members as it relates to a quote package, and facilitating quote package development towards a winning quote package.
- Facilitating concept brainstorming; leading docket review meetings.
- Ensuring that outgoing proposals have a clearly defined scope which includes specifying machine buy-off requirements, identifying customer part requirements at project level, and ensuring that the customer specification has been reviewed and that appropriate assumptions and exceptions are made.
- Attending Executive Reviews and assisting in presentation.
- Support functional team members by protecting project-scope integrity with Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 AEs as applicable
- Maintaining AE related fields in company CRM.
- Dependent upon needed support, the Lead may need to take on the following responsibilities:
- Coordinating and executing large multi-business unit quotes.
- Managing core customers.
- Presenting to a customer independently.
- Generating concept solutions for problems with no previous or standard solution.
- Developing proposals that have a clearly defined scope, which includes specifying machine buy-off requirements, identifying customer part requirements at project level, and ensuring that the customer specification has been reviewed and that appropriate assumptions and exceptions are made
- Developing a comprehensive quote package that incorporates necessary documentation for internal and external audiences such as Risk Assessments, Flow Charts, Cycle Time Charts, etc.
- Presenting to the executive team for review.
- Supporting functional team members associated with a project by facilitating project authorization meetings for awarded work and consulting with the PM for scope variation.
- Schedule and facilitate Project Authorization Meetings for PEP.
Note: This list of responsibilities is not inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related business/engineering field or related industry experience.
- 5+ years of industry experience leading successful projects.
- Expert in all Applications Engineering processes and tools.
- Travel to customer sites & other JR locations up to 20%
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!