Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customer's experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customer's data to meaningful customer outcomes.
We are seeking a Specialist Software Engineer - Full Stack Development to join a fast-paced, highly collaborative engineering team. In this role, you will work with a cross-functional engineering team to prototype, design, and develop software solutions. The Engineering team embraces a highly collaborative development model that requires deep development involvement from start to finish of each project.
- Design, develop, deploy, and support scalable software applications/systems
- Build and maintain products and solutions throughout its life cycle
- Help drive technical direction of a complex software system
- Collaborate and work with cross-functional engineering team members to turn requirements into prototypes, technical designs, and implementation
- Collaborate with a team of developers to maintain technical design and code standards
- Participate in reviews of business requirements
- Contribute to functional specifications and technical designs
- Participate in reviews of feature designs and test plans
Experience and Skills
- 10-15+ years of hands-on contribution in software engineering or related field
- Experience in designing solutions from scratch
- Experience in designing scalable distributed software
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented development and design principles
- Deep understanding of engineering processes (including Agile methodologies)
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Ability to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Tech savvy, detail oriented, and highly driven
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- A genuine passion for engineering high-quality solutions
- Relevant formal education, including BSCS or MSCS
- Some knowledge of software and hardware storage systems a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.