Job ID: R0010821
Date Posted: Aug 16, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Quality Control Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Miami, FL.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
The Quality Control Engineer is responsible for overseeing and providing consistent quality of operations and production by developing and enforcing good automated manufacturing practices and systems; validating processes; providing documentation; managing staff, measuring quality results. This position includes handling of sensitive material that requires discretion.
The Quality Control Engineer accomplishes the company’s quality control/assurance objectives by overseeing worker training requirements, quality work assignments, communicating job expectations, and working with Rolling Stock management to effectively planning, monitoring, and measuring job & project performance against Rolling Stock’s contract requirements, while enforcing the company’s policies and procedures.
The Quality Engineer achieves Rolling Stock’s quality control/assurance operational objectives by contributing analysis, information, and accurate feedback to Rolling Stock’s management, in support of the company’s strategic plans and reviews.
In addition, the Quality Control Engineer will;
1. Prepare and complete action plans, as‐needed to identify and resolve operational problems.
2. Participate in internal and external quality audits, as needed or required, to determine system improvements necessary achieve Rolling Stock’s continuous improvement objectives.
3. Set quality control/assurance performance objectives by identifying contract requirements; estimating results; analyzing variances; and initiating corrective actions.
4. Develops quality control/assurance plans by conducting quality analyses; identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures for maximum effectiveness, and implementing corrective actions when operational or procedural nonconformities are identified.
5. Validates quality processes by establishing or identifying customer and product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
6. Develops and review quality inspection and test plans for new product development and legacy production parts
7. Coordinate the review and resolution of non-conformances, liaising with internal stakeholders and suppliers to develop, implement and monitor corrective and preventative action plans.
8. Enhances company and organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem‐solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high‐paced, dealing with complexity and at times stressful environment.
- Working knowledge of computer applications and computer systems such as, MS‐Office Applications such as MS‐Excel, PowerPoint, and MS‐Word, Adobe Acrobat, and others.
Education and Experience:
Education: Minimum Education Requirement – A 2‐year, 4‐year, or higher College Degree is preferred.
Experience: 2-3 years or more of experience in quality control performing or supervising quality inspections or experience managing quality assurance, in a manufacturing organization in the aerospace, automotive or passenger transportation industries (passenger airplanes, passenger cars, passenger buses, or passenger rail vehicles).
Other Experience or Training:
Experience or training in Process Controls and/or Improvement, Analyzing Information, Strategic Planning, Good Verbal and Written Communication Skills, Ability to analyze and interpret Engineering and Management Reports, Emphasizing Excellence, ISO 9001:2008 Quality Requirements.
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at www.hitachirail.com/careers/ It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.