Job ID: R0009426
Date Posted: Jul 21, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS S.p.A.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for a Project Engineer to work on our projects in Greece and in EU.
This position will require someone that is looking to grow long-term within our business of metro solution. The position is based in Thessaloniki - Greece.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
HITACHI RAIL STS as part of AIASA partnership is working to deliver to the city of Thessaloniki a fully automated driverless metro system with CBTC signaling technology.
More specifically HITACHI RAIL STS is working on the design, supervising installation, testing and commissioning technological systems.
HITACHI RAIL STS has strong core System Engineers and expertise, as well as exclusive signaling technologies, already serving passengers and clients in many part of the world.
The Greek Branch of HITACHI is present in Thessaloniki since 2010.
The Branch manages back-to-back contracts with international contractors delivering the main systems of the project.
Overall technical solution delivery on Signaling & Turn key projects for bidding and contract phase. Proper execution of the technical activities in term of technical solution implementation, design costs, document submission schedule and quality.
• Achievement of the delivery of design work packages on schedule and in accordance with the planned budget
Responsible for leading work packet Project Monitoring and Control activities including maintaining schedule, MPR updates, meeting minutes, risk register, and change orders.
• Track performance and analyze the completion of key goals.
• Conduct regular meetings with clients to ensure clarification and meet specific requirements in a timely manner.
• Facilitates scope/requirement discussions with technical teams and customer.
• Document and report project progress to stakeholders and clients.
• Active participation in optimal overall project technical solution
• Understands and integrates applicable CMMI, CENELEC, AREMA, IEEE, IPC
• Ensure that project objectives are communicated to the project team and monitors that all technical project activities are aligned with the project schedule
• Ensure that correct Configuration Management (including document management and transmittal process) is always in place
• Delegate tasks to team members according to their individual skill sets, experience and abilities to ensure efficient completion of the project.
• Actively follow up requirement specification and integration compliance within the project and system disciplines.
Required Skills/ Knowledge
• Some years’ experience as work package leader or lead systems/software engineer for large software control system applications
Prior experience with basic Project Management:
• Maintaining and controlling budget
• Schedule monitoring/development,
• Maintaining risk register,
• Resource and task management
• Extensive understanding and/or prior experience with software development lifecycles, delivery, and HW/SW integration lifecycle
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite, scheduling software (MS Project or Primavera), requirements management systems, and software configuration tools
• Demonstrated ability to lead, engage, and manage tasking of cross-functional teams of varying skills/experience
• Success with multi-tasking across multiple projects at given time
• Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication and leadership skills
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
• Familiar with ATS products, technology, and project deliverables
• Prefer prior experience supporting Bids and Proposals for new work
• Experience with overall systems architecture design
• Experience with robust, mission critical control systems
• Experience with providing leadership in either a functional management or project management role
Education / Qualifications
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background
Fluent English proficiency
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at https://careers.hitachi.com/.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers! Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail