Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Sales and Business Development Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Naples or Pistoia, IT
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
- scouting for and identify business opportunities, including new markets, trends, customers, partners, products and services; maintain relationships with current customers
- seek out the appropriate contact in an organization, generate leads with prospective customers and partners
- understand the needs of customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet, setting objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
- Ensure the establishment of a network with senior executives from rail operator companies, rail equipment suppliers, associations and other industry stakeholders/partners in Europe
- Contribute to global R&D roadmap and portfolio management by identifying Europe technology trends and product needs
- Contribute to relationship & escalation management towards regional customers, partners, and industry associations
- Support business opportunities promotion
- discuss promotional strategy and activities with External Communications & Marketing
- have a good understanding of the business products or services and be able to advise about them, understand competition and industry positioning
- Ensure the management and execution of all sales activities, liaising with internal organization as appropriate to ensure departments are “on board” and lead them, understanding their needs
- create a sales pipeline, carry out sales forecasts and analysis
- Ensure the achievement of sales targets by monitoring and reporting activities performances (actual vs budget) with the support of the CFO unit
- guide, support and contribute during Bidding phase towards negotiations and contract acquisition
- Support the definition, implementation and enforcement of standards, processes and tools for sales, approvals, contracting, and customer/partner relationship management
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities to minimize contract risk and plan commercial risk mitigation strategies
- Contribute to the delivery of “best in class” solutions and services and the relevant customer satisfaction
- Support in the PGs approval process and the Bid Authorization process according to the current standards and processes
- To comply with and implement Hitachi Rail’s Health and Safety policy.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as may be required
- tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets, high initiative and decision making skills, ability to think strategically
- excellent presentation and communication skills needed for communicating with a wide range of people, both internally and externally, good networking skill
- good IT, project management and organizational skills
- good understanding of contracts and relevant terms & conditions
- good understanding of finance, including Public Private Partnership schemes
Additional desirable Requirements
- Railway transportation market/models knowledge (Technical and economical)
- Ability to prioritize and Meet Deadlines
- Collaboration and good relationship management with internal and external stakeholders
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Available to frequent journeys
- Business and Cost/Margins oriented
- Capacity to collect and analyse Data
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- An understanding of health and safety requirements of a working environment
- Rolling Stock and Turnkey international experience
- At least 5 years proven track record experience as Business Development Manager or Sales Manager or Project Manager for rail industry or complex industrial products.
University Bachelor Degree in Engineering is required, alternatively in Economics with proven positive attitude towards dealing with complex industrial products business
Italian and English mandatory for all.
Aim to at least one German speaking and one French speaking.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.careers.hitachi.com/
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower!
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail