Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Deputy Head of HSE who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Honolulu, HI.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Support the Project Head of HSE in the following:
- Act as a coach and advisor toward the leadership team concerning HSE Management.
- Lead, guide, and coach the local HSE Team to achieve optimal results;
- Organizing activities to promote employee awareness increase their participation and encourage the adoption of safe behaviors.
- Establish, document, implement, maintain and continually improve the HSE Management System implemented on the Project in compliance with International Standards, IMS and Local Procedures;
- Ensure the implementation of the activities in compliance with HSE Policies, HSE Legislative requirements , HSE Customer Requirements and the HSE Management System of the project and HSE Management System of STS (IMS);
- Ensure the implementation of the HSE hazard identification, risk assessment and determination of necessary controls measures;
- Ensure the implementation of HSE Compliance Legislative Audit in relation to the annual schedule;
- Develop the HSE Programs for the achieving of the planned HSE Objectives and Targets;
- Ensure the availability and manage the Local project HSE resources;
- Ensure HSE Local Communication, Participation and Consultation;
- Ensure the identification of emergency situation and the management procedure for response;
- Ensure the monitoring, reporting and communication of the HSE performance and provide recommendations and solutions in case of negative trends;
- Ensure that all HSE accidents and incidents are reported, investigated and analyzed at the purpose to learn from incidents;
- Ensure that nonconformities are identified and corrective/preventive actions are taken into account to mitigate it and avoid the recurrence;
- Cooperate to the implementation of the annual HSE Audit schedule and ensure the implementation of the HSE Audits;
- Ensure that Rail Operations Center facility and all stations are inspected on regular base in compliance with HSE Management System;
- Responsible for annual HSE department budgeting and planning;
- Maintain certificates for both ISO 14001 and 45001
- Participate to the annual management review meetings.
- Experience with behavior-based safety programs and culture change initiatives
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Background with Safety and Security Plan Development
- 5+ Years of experience in Rail Industry
- 5+ Years of experience in Construction
- Communication, presentation and training Development and Delivery Experience
- Experience leading diverse and dynamic teams
- Experience engaging stakeholders from across all disciplines in the HSE Program
- Experience implementing programs and policies within ISO 14001 and 45001 Certified Organizations
- Experience developing and implementing site safety and security programs
- Demonstrated ability to inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices for compliance with corporate and legislative requirements, standards, and regulations.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships and promote a harmonious safety environment.
- Ability to complete written reports and electronic communications expeditiously and with a high-degree of accuracy and professionalism while in the field.
- Computer proficiency with a strong knowledge of PCs and software applications related to the work, such as MS Office, Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint, etc.
- A valid non-probationary Driver’s License
- Demonstrated ability to identify and take action on safety-related issues, conduct root cause incident investigations and handle both uncomfortable and sensitive situations.
- Successful Applicant will be required to obtain their TSSP and PTSCTP within one year of hire date.
• Transit Safety and Security Program (TSSP)
• Public Transportation Safety Certificate Training Program (PTSCTP)
Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or engineering related field or equivalent number of years of experience #LI - SM1
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.