Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.Cast Your Own Future.More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com Tooling Engineer (Internship-Summer 2023) ROLE:
Assist with designing and/or modification of customer provided CAD data utilizing foundry casting principles to create 3D models from which mold and/or core tooling will be built.RESPONSIBILITES/DUTIES:
- Work directly with and assist the foundry tooling engineers on the design, configuration and build layout of mold and core box tooling.
- Layout multiple cavity tooling as directed by tooling engineering.
- Design cores including print area to satisfy casting requirements.
- Utilize Delcam PowerShape software to modify CAD data to include shrink, draft, radi and fillet modification.
- Assist CAM Designer on the transfer of model information for CNC cut path generation.
- Generate build and assembly drawings for pattern shop.
- Work with other pattern personnel to determine tooling rework strategies.
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, reference check/verification, and a pre-employment drug screen. **NOTE**
- Knowledge of CNC Machining, 3D CAD systems utilizing surfacing (Preferably Delcam PowerShap software).
- Ability to create 3D models from 2D layout drawings.
- Ability to understand and apply non-uniform shrink, draft and offset parting to models.
- Ability to compare 3D part models to 2D casting layout drawings for accuracy.
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
- Be enrolled in post-high school education for the Fall 2023 semester.
- Minimum of 1 completed year in related field (preferred).
- Be considered a full time student (12 credits or more).
- Be 18 years or older.
If you would like to be considered for production employment if an internship is not available, you will have to apply separately when position is available on http://www.waupacafoundry.com/en/careers/opportunities Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.