Meet The Team
Common Infrastructure Product Management team at Hitachi Vantara is responsible for managing launch, go-to-market and P&L of selected Compute, Network and Storage HW products. The team offers solutions to customers worldwide from a variety of verticals e.g., banking, insurance, manufacturing and IT in enterprise and commercial segments. Product portfolio managed by this team addresses storage, analysis, and transfer of data. Flexibility of work hours and location, combined with a customer-centric approach in a collaborative environment makes the job rewarding, challenging and fun.
Our Product Manager Compute will guide the roadmap for its rack-and blade-server product line. The Product Manager Compute will focus on defining and influencing features and has responsibility for market analysis, technology trends, feature prioritization and requirements definition. The Product Manager Compute will play a significant role in the business and resulting technology decisions for storage and compute solutions that use x86 compute. The Product Manager Compute requires a candidate passionate about continuously furnishing highly innovative software- and hardware-based compute and storage solutions to the market.
What You Will Be Doing
• Assist Senior Product Manager with managing entire lifecycle of selected server products in Hitachi Vantara Compute product portfolio. This includes, but is not limited to, pricing, marketing, messaging, packaging, support planning and reporting. - 20%
• Support Senior Product Manager with developing product positioning, training aids, product specifications, whitepapers and other collateral in collaboration with marketing, sales, engineering and other cross-functional teams. - 20%
• Manage all Go-to-Market (GTM) activities for assigned product, upgrades, revision and coordinate with product-launch team. - 25%
• Prepare reports and analyze data showing quarterly revenue attainment against targets. - 15%
• Work with Product Support organization to ensure support readiness of the assigned product, and gather information to improve serviceability and reliability of the products. - 5%
• Gather feature/functionality/interoperability requirements from customers and sales teams - 5%
• Perform other duties as assigned by Senior Product Manager or team leader. -10%
What You Bring To The Team (Qualifications)
• BS degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. Master's degree in EE/CE/CS or MBA a plus.
• 3+ years' experience, with at least 5 years in Product Management or Systems Engineering in an IT company.
• Deep technical understanding of enterprise compute and storage environments, deployments and use cases.
• Expertise in Server architecture, networking components and system management software. Strong knowledge of Intel and AMD CPU portfolio.
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Product marketing experience in server marketing a plus.
• Position is based in the United States and will travel about 25% of the time.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge