Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
The Direct Tax Manager supports EMEA Tax Manager in reviews and approvals of the EMEA Corporate Income Tax returns, accounts reconciliations, journals, as well as in monitoring the Team performance and ensures the compliance with all respective regulations, especially HV processes, accounting policies and tax regulations. The direct tax manager is the interface between HV's tax department and other departments, ex- and internal, regarding all direct tax related matters including Transfer Pricing documentation.
You will be managing the HV Direct Tax Team. This team is responsible for:
What you bring to the team
- Review and approval of Corporate Income Tax returns for EMEA entities prepared by our external tax consultants;
- Review and approval of other business tax/ local tax returns for EMEA entities prepared by our external tax consultants;
- Preparation of Corporate Income Tax packages (for US consolidation purposes);
- Calculation / review of tax provisions at the year closing;
- Calculation/ review of deferred tax calculations;
- Preparation/ review of tax notes;
- Assistance during tax audits;
- Preparation all Direct Tax related Balance Sheet reconciliations;
- Preparation/Review of Transfer Pricing local files for EMEA entities;
- Maintenance of CbC notifications;
- Ensure that all EMEA Tax Control Framework procedures are applied in SSC;
- Interact with the tax advisors and tax authorities.
- Proven work experience as Tax Manager or Senior Consultant;
- Typically 5-10 years of experience in tax;
- BIG4 experience will be an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting and tax compliance;
- Fluency in English;
- Knowledge of International and Domestic tax legislation;
- Working knowledge of Oracle R12, Hyperion, MS Office;
- Excellent organizational skills, international focus;
- Flexible while adhering to tight timelines, always prioritize and organized;
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiating skills;
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with multiple varied internal/external groups/organizations;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to make independent decisions when needed in line with company rules.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity