Commercial Account Manager - Oslo The Company
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs The Role
We are seeking for an experienced Account Manager with strong solution-selling capabilities and a high level of competence in identifying and developing sales opportunities to penetrate new commercial level prospects or to grow the footprint in an existing account base. Responsibilities
What you bring to the team:
- Reporting to the regional sales leader, you will proactively create new business sales opportunities and grow existing Hitachi Vantara accounts.
- As a core member of the sales team, you will be responsible for a dedicated set of commercial accounts, consisting of both existing and prospective customers
- You will own a personal sales quota and will be responsible to meet these sales objectives.
- Your focus is on developing Accounts and acquiring new business within an indirect sales approach with a direct touch
- Working effectively with partners and distributors is key for the success of this role. So selling with, through and to the channel is essential.
- Based on your thorough understanding of customer requirements, you will highlight relevant offerings from the Hitachi Vantara portfolio to IT and business departments, ultimately developing these into sound sales opportunities.
- Engaging with pre-sales, partner account managers, professional services and senior management as necessary to articulate the solution to the existing or prospective customer.
- Careful control and management of forecasting and pipeline for your allocated accounts.
- A University degree from a recognized institution is ideal, however relevant work experience will be taken into consideration.
- Demonstrable experience of solution-selling within major vendor, distributor or system integrator.
- Good knowledge of the IT data solutions market and particularly storage/ infrastructure economics.
- Demonstrating a consistent track record of sales in high value orders within the new business or account management environment.
- Capability to lead virtual teams within a matrix organisation.
- Self-motivation, someone who can work effectively without close supervision, making decisions autonomously whilst bringing with you the team of presales, partners, sales ops
- Ability to act as a consultant and expert, attracting interest in Hitachi Vantara solutions and services by combining sales with the delivery of intellectual knowledge.
- A true customer advocate, showing empathy with their challenges and issues and creating plans to address their needs.
- Strong business acumen and negotiation skills, fluent in English and Norwegian
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge