IAM EngineerHyderabad, India Meet our Team
We are the Identity and Access Management team, part of Enterprise Information Security at Hitachi Vantara, and we are passionate advocates of information security! We maintain key tools and software in our corporate environment that ensures the proper identity and access management of our employees, vendors, customers, and partners. We are out-of-the-box thinkers, innovators, and team players. We constantly seek new and better ways of doing things. We need highly motivated individuals to join our dynamic team who have positive attitudes and want to be part of something special. We strive for nothing less than the very best IAM program! What you'll be doing
As an experienced, technically sound Senior IAM Engineer, you will join a team of IAM/Okta developers and engineers, reporting to the Senior Manager of Identity and Access Management. Working closely with other teams you will help to mature the Identity and Access Management program at Hitachi Vantara.
As an expert at managing, configuring, and developing IAM platforms, you will be responsible for maintaining the health and proper functioning of our internal identity ecosystem. This will include designing and maintaining workflows around user onboarding, access requests, certification, and developing integrations for Authentication and Authorization using protocols such as SAML and OIDC/OAuth2.0. Your tasks will also include:
• Tier 2 and 3 end user support.
• Creating, reviewing, and maintaining custom OAuth and OIDC integrations with Okta.
• Management of application access policies and authorization server policies.
• Integrating SaaS applications using SAML.
• Integrating new applications to Hitachi Vantara's access request catalog.
• Maintaining and supporting integrations with critical platforms such as Oracle, Active Directory, and Azure.
• Managing and integrating applications integrated with the Okta Access Gateway
• Developing Okta Workflows to supplement native provisioning and registration processes.
• Developing custom code to interact with Okta's public facing APIs. Terraform or PowerShell experience is a plus.
• Managing Org2Org federations with other companies in the Hitachi Group. What you bring to the team
• Strong/expert level understanding of authentication mechanisms and protocols including OIDC/OAuth and SAML, and key related security concepts such as MFA, and how these are used with Okta and other IdPs, and the ability to trouble shoot issues in this realm.
• Hands on experience with the OAG is a must.
• SailPoint experience is a bonus.
• Strong/expert level experience integrating applications with Okta for SSO
• Hands on experience (3+ years) with Okta within large enterprise scale environments (with more than 10,000 users), including also experience with Okta workflows or scripting with Okta's Public facing APIs (to allow for automation of tasks)
• An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application. (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
• Great interpersonal skills: good written & oral communication in English, ability & willingness to work within international team, collaborative & team-oriented approach, being self-driven with an ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and variables in a dynamic and fast moving, large scale project with tight deadlines, multiple priorities and under defined budget, high attention to details and quality. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.