Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Job Role :
Partner Business Development Manager - Content and Data Intelligence is responsible for growing the Content solutions business with Strategic Solution Partners across APAC region. The individual will be expected to have a good working knowledge of the Content and Data Intelligence Solutions (Unstructured Data), ISV Solution Partners and overall eco-system. The candidate will leverage their experience of solution sales and work closely with APAC channels team to grow the business.
Partner BDM role is part of the APAC Specialist Organization and Success will be measured through development of solution pipeline with Partners, tactical execution of APAC business initiatives, strategic wins, and revenue target attainment.
This role is supported by in-depth Technical Experts from APAC region, however the candidate needs to demonstrate a reasonable depth and understanding of Data Centre infrastructure, Customer applications and Industry Trends especially for Unstructured Data (File and Object Storage Solutions). A background and knowledge in Backup / Archival solutions and Data Lake / Big data is highly recommended. Experience and knowledge of ISV solutions like Veritas / CommVault / Splunk / Cloudera / Video Surveillance etc. and Cloud technologies like Amazon S3 and Azure Blob is desirable.
• Manage executive level relationships with key Strategic partners and build a monthly cadence / pipeline reviews with key stakeholders
• Conduct solution roadshows and briefings (in-person and virtual) in partnership with Strategic partners and be a trusted advisor to the field teams
• Effective pipeline creation, management and forecasting for the APAC region, and owning updates to leadership team
• Incubate and drive Field and partner sales enablement for new Solution use cases
• Represent Hitachi Vantara at appropriate industry events
Required Skills and Experience
• A minimum of 12 to 15 years of IT experience in Solution Sales in a High Value solution-oriented company.
• Good Sales knowledge of Object Storage solutions and prior experience in working for Technology companies and System Integrators in the Object storage solution space
• Prior experience with ISV Solution Partners and Business plans.
• Ability to conduct Customer / Partner value workshops, present in customer / partner events, Executive Briefings etc.
• A clear understanding of a solutions sales approach and value-added selling.
• This role has no direct reports. However, provides guidance to account and partner teams.
• Highly proficient in written and spoken business English.
• Well organized, adaptable and a clear thinker with strong communication and interpersonal skills. Willingness to accept responsibility and ownership.
• Innovative, actively looking for solutions to problems, a catalyst for change.
• The ability to manage competing business pressures effectively. Work with key stake holders, leaders in the company to bring key issues to resolution.
• A good understanding of consultative or solutions selling techniques.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge