Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our industry focus, expertise, and intellectual property is what truly sets us apart. We have earned, and continue to maintain, a strategic relationship with Microsoft. Recognized for our achievements - teaming with our clients to deliver innovative digital solutions and services - is how we have achieved year after year recognition.
As their trusted advisor, we support our clients to deliver on their strategic business initiatives as they unify, automate, and modernize their data and operations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance their customer's experience. Our over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, and our 18 years of 100% focus on Microsoft technologies and business applications, is how we deliver excellence through expert services and industry-focused cloud solutions.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.Job Description
We are seeking a seasoned Compensation Program Manager to design and implement the job evaluation function and manage compensation programs in both the U.S. and Canada that support our business strategy. Having experienced tremendous growth recently, this brand-new role offers an opportunity to design and implement compensation structures and program parameters that will support the business strategy across North America. This person will be responsible for job analysis and all aspects of compensation program management, including design, reporting, administration, training, communication, and compliance. This role is both hands-on and strategic, requiring the successful candidate to bring a creative approach in responding to market challenges in the attraction and retention of top talent; as well as a deep understanding of best practices in ensuring that compensation programs are internally equitable, externally competitive, and sustainable. The Compensation Program Manager will be a proactive communicator who guides and supports business managers by aligning compensation programs and activities with organizational strategy.
- Function as an internal consultant to business leaders and talent acquisition teams to advise on competitive compensation practices, providing market data and insights
- Review existing compensation program and implement improvements to help the company achieve its business and talent goals
- Design or modify salary structures across the organization and manage the underlying processes that support such structures (i.e., job documentation and classification, job evaluation and market pricing)
- Collaborate with Human Resources and Practice Leaders in the analysis and review of job levels, implementing quality controls in the job classification process across the organization and performing audits as appropriate
- Participate in compensation surveys to analyze company's competitive position, prepare education and support materials for business engagement; recommend company salary structures
- Lead the annual compensation review process, market adjustment process, and promotion cycles, from administration to communication, while maintaining the efficiency, accuracy, and integrity of the processes
- Lead business stakeholders through incentive plan design, documentation, and calculation
- Collaborate with the finance, payroll, and legal teams to ensure our compensation programs and plans are administered timely and accurately, both in the US and Canada
- Partner with the Finance Team in building compensation models and forecasts, as well as, to ensure the proper accrual and accounting of these programs
- Build and generate recurrent and ad-hoc compensation reports, guides, and presentations for finance and senior management to aid in strategic decision-making and education
- Conduct analysis and make recommendations on incentive compensation and bonus plans for sales, delivery, and business departments
- Assist Human Resources Business Partners and Talent Acquisition team with compensation-related requests, issues, questions, and communications, including ad-hoc benchmarking for out of cycle reviews and/or new positions
- Assist in the development, writing, editing, and modification of operating policies, guidelines, and procedures, as appropriate
- Exercise confidentiality, discretion, and sound judgment in performance of duties.
- Can work remotely within Canada.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or Organization Development or equivalent
- Experience working in a Technology Consulting Services organization, preferably Microsoft stack (Dynamics, Azure)
- At least 3 to 5 years working on compensation plan design and administration within the technology industry, including salary structures and various incentive plans
- Data-driven, innovative, and solutions-oriented person who can conduct robust compensation analyses and strategically advise business leaders
- Strong relationship management, along with well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches to effect improvements in job evaluation and compensation management processes and experiences within the company
- Previous experience working with rapid growth and a complex changing work environment
- Experience with an HRIS (Microsoft Dynamics) and Excel
- Proven track record of understanding customer needs, showing initiative and urgency to solve problems and follow up on the solution
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.#REMOTE#LI-BA1