Job ID: R0011175
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2022
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Lead Technical Supervisor
Company: Hitachi Particle Engineering and Services, Inc. (HPES)
Division: Particle Therapy Division
Location: Memphis, TN
Status: Regular Full-Time
Hitachi Particle Engineering and Services, Inc. (HPES) is looking for a Lead Technical Supervisor to join the PTD (Particle Therapy Division) located at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, TN. The Lead Technical Supervisor will be responsible for leading the service technicians by technically and supporting the Site Service Manager/Deputy Site Service Manager. He/she will be responsible for supervise the contracted on-site service activities related to maintaining required safety standards, reliability, and availability. He/she will take the support the Site Service Manager/Deputy Site Service Manager technically on necessary customer communications; including supervise the support and engineering interface. He/she will also be responsible for supervising the subcontractors with the goal of ensuring a successful service program.
· To support the Site Service Manager/Deputy Site Service Manager technically and have authority on behalf of the Site Service Manager/Deputy Site Service Manager when he/she is not on site.
· To supervise the service technicians to carry out the on-site service activities, including: start-up operations, shut down operations, preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, equipment testing (including calibration and software testing), equipment troubleshooting and related software activities.
· To support the Site Service Manager/Deputy Site Service Manager to oversee all related planning and close-out activities associated with individual service activities, including: scheduling of related tasks, assessment of priorities, assembly of parts, forecast of work loading, review of procedures, etc.
· Approve related operations and maintenance documentation, quality assurance and quality control requirements, managerial reporting, etc. when the Site Service Manager/Deputy Site Service Manager is not on-site.
· Provide leadership and mentoring to HPES service personnel and support personnel, particularly Senior Service Technicians.
· Coordinate interface with customers to mitigate significant commercial and operational issues as well as to perform overall program assessment for areas of greater coordination and improvement when the Site Service Manager/Deputy Site Service Manager is not on-site.
· Coordinate interface with Japan-based Hitachi, Ltd (HTC) Hitachi Engineering for required technical interface, including: troubleshooting guidance, procedure development, spare parts confirmation, configuration management, document control, etc
· Coordinate recovery operations following off-normal events.
· Develop a complete working knowledge of the Proton Beam Therapy System (PBTS), particularly system level knowledge.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Medical, Nuclear, etc.) is required.
· A minimum of 1 or more years of experience as a Supervisor or equivalent is required. Experience should include:
o Personnel supervision
o Maintenance and operations experience
o Experience in a Radiation facility is preferred
o Quality assurance and/or regulatory environment preferred
o Service program start-up or similar programmatic experience; particularly material management systems, service management systems, ERP systems, or workflow programs; etc.; contract management systems, including billing and payables; scheduling and staffing programs; etc.
o Technical program management or similar programmatic experience; including calibration or testing program development, start-up and shut down operations, preventive maintenance baselines, corrective maintenance procedure development, etc.
· Manufacturing, service, or related equipment experience with the following equipment preferred: Particle accelerators; LINAC, MRI, CT, PET, X-Ray, or related radiation therapy or diagnostic equipment; CT imaging software or related applications; Industrial or research electro-magnets; High-performance IGBT-based power supplies; Multi-redundant digital control systems with interlock control, particularly PC-based client-server systems with local controllers, Precision particle radiation and positioning instrumentation, Precision mechanical positioning systems; Vacuum system; Heavy rotating mechanical equipment.
o Organizational supervisor skills
o High technical analysis and problem-solving skills
o Experience troubleshooting equipment problems
o Ability to effectively supervise and mentor subordinates
o Strong communication skills
o Ability to work successfully in a team-oriented environment
o Flexibility to work shift work and modified hours, flexibility for on-call, local availability
o Ability to work in radiation-controlled environment
o Ability to perform required physical tasks (ladder climbing, inspection bending and stretching, moderate lifting up to 50lb, tool dexterity, etc.)
o Ability to converse in Japanese is preferred due to the technical interface of the system and close interactions with the engineering department in Japan.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.