Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our industry focus, expertise, and intellectual property is what truly sets us apart. We have earned, and continue to maintain, a strategic relationship with Microsoft. Recognized for our achievements - teaming with our clients to deliver innovative digital solutions and services - is how we have achieved year after year recognition.
As their trusted advisor, we support our clients to deliver on their strategic business initiatives as they unify, automate, and modernize their data and operations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance their customer's experience. Our over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, and our 18 years of 100% focus on Microsoft technologies and business applications, is how we deliver excellence through expert services and industry-focused cloud solutions.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.Job DescriptionProduct Development Team - Empower
This position in our company is housed in our Product Development team. Joining this team represents an opportunity to fast-track your career and to work in a atmosphere focused on hypergrowth, moving quickly, and advancing innovation and sound engineering. It is the goal of this group to transform our company into a billion-dollar product company, by focusing on engineering excellence and making the cloud easier for our customers.
Our Principal Software Engineering role a full-time position to build the APIs and services that deliver SaaS and PaaS experiences underpinning our enterprise Analytics as a Service product and other initiatives.
Individuals in this role will build and enhance python API's and packages leveraging FastAPI, SqlAlchemy, and related packages. Qualified candidates have a strong software engineering background, ideally with 4+ year in python development.
- Write clean and reusable code with comments, unit tests, and documentation
- Work closely with team members across engineering, marketing, sales, product, design, and others
- Mentor engineering staff and help encourage and enforce good coding practices
- Build secure, scalable back-end systems that people rely on for real-world outcomes
- Understanding and practice of DevOps principles
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability best practices and reusable code
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- At least 7+ years of relevant software development experience
- Solid understanding of front-end frameworks such as React is a bonus
- Competency in performing integrations into enterprise applications
- Have an expert understanding of Python 3.x, FastAPI, and relational databases (SQL/ORM)
- Experience and familiarity with cloud architecture, development, and deployment practices (preferably Azure)
- Expertise in developing real software that people have used
- Strong commitment to writing reliable, scalable, testable, and maintainable code
- High-level of ambitious determination to complete tasks within realistic time frames
- Previous experience in a full or partial remote work environment
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in written English (being multilingual is a bonus but not necessary)
- Capable of working well with teams, but can also work effectively while being independent
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.