Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
Seeking to build strong relationships and trust with new and existing customers across industry sectors such as retail, finance, manufacturing and public sector.
Articulating our industry leading solutions, which include Data Centre/Storage, Cloud, Big Data, Advanced Analytics and IoT, to enable your customers to realise the highest levels of success. What you bring to the team
Should be a team player and should possess very good inter-personal skills.
• Working knowledge of Operating Systems Windows and various flavour of Unix Solaris, AIX, HP Unix etc.
• Experience implementing ITIL and or operational best practices
• Experience in team management and assembling teams to perform services engagements.
• Ability to proactively track progress of all project team members and keep people (often, peers) on task
• Identify key deliverables, anticipate risks, handle trade-offs and can make decisions while being comfortable with ambiguity and change
• Ability to anticipate and head-off potential project delays (shifting business priorities, technical hurdles, project approvals from stakeholders, etc.)
• Experience working in a matrixed environment
• In depth technical knowledge and hands on experience of Hitachi storage products VSP G & F Series, functionality of SVOS, replication products and sound technical knowledge to implement Brocade and Cisco SAN Switches , Software products HDID, HAD, Ops center .
• Handon experience and in depth knowledge of data protection technologies Hitachi Shadow copy, Thin image, Copy on write snap, True copy, Universal replicator, 3DC UR , Global active device , HDID , RAID Manager.
• Hands on experience of migration methodologies True copy, GAD, replication, Universal volume manager, Hitachi Tier Storage manager, Shadow Copy.
• Deep involvement in the planning and execution of the migration plans to migrate and/or decommission application instances and servers in scope without disruption to business groups.
• Knowledge of various operating system and Data base migration tools.
• Automation of various tasks of migrations to improve efficiency and saving cost.
• Analysing the method of transforming existing data into a format for the new environment and the loading of this data into new environment.
• Reviewing existing migration tools and providing recommendations for improving performance of the migration process.
• Experience in working with IBM /EMC and Netapp storages would be an added advantage.
• B.E/B.Tech/MSc. With min 6-10 years' experience in migrations .
• Industry wide certification from OEM
• Should possess very good written & verbal communication skills along with impactful presentation skills.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge