Job ID: R0010082
Date Posted: Dec 1, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS S.p.A.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated BID MANAGER who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Genoa - Italy.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Who We Are in: Genoa - Italy
Genoa offices are, as of now, the Hitachi Rail headquarters in Italy.
In Genoa Hitachi Rail employees roughly 600 people, mostly engineers, who are developing signalling technologies at the state of the art.
Thanks to our innovations and expertise, commitment and dedication we rank among the best railway technology provider of the Industry, delivering our products to Ferrovie Italiane, RFI as well as to the rest of the world.
The Genoa offices are located in the area of Sampierdarena, an excellent position where is easy to reach the airport, train stations and local transport.
Currently we are looking for enthusiastic and pioneering candidates, driven by technological challenge and success, who want to contribute to the satisfaction of our customers and to the growth and global leadership of our business.
Mission: Preparation of Bids in compliance with Company Bidding Procedure. Coordination and monitoring of all assigned bids, implementing and achieving bidding function mission and targets
• Ensure the preparation of bids in compliance with Bidding process
• Ensure the alignment with Sales targets and the implementation of Company policies / guidelines for the definition and preparation of all financial/ economic items of the assigned bids
• Ensure the implementation of the assigned bid strategy
• Ensure all bidding risks are identified and consolidated according to the Company risk management procedure
• Ensure the continuous update of Hitachi data base for the assigned bids
• Support to the Bidding tools and processes improvement
• Support the Sales Manager in the definition of the guidelines of the Bid Preparation strategy (strategic goals, relationships with the Client and the Partners, Target price)
• In case of award of the bid and contract signature, ensure the complete handover to the Project Manager of all bid relevant data (contractual data, technical requirements, economics evaluations …).
• Ensure providing the Project Manager with the validated whole life costs estimation, assumptions, revenues, margins, risks, contingencies and work schedule
Required Skills/ Knowledge
Education / Qualifications
Technical Degree or Equivalent Technical Background
Good English proficiency
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical Insurance Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail