We welcome applications for the Project Director role for a multibillion Project in California. The resource will be hired in the US.
The Program Director, under the Hitachi organization, reports to the Region Executive Director and is responsible for the accomplishment of the outcomes of the assigned project In accordance with the contractual scope of work, the schedule, the quality requirements and Hitachi Rail processes.
Accountabilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Overall accountability for the delivery of the project, meeting contractual requirements and delivering on budget, on quality and on time, ensuring customer satisfaction, ultimately accountable for Project profit and loss.
- The Project risks identification and management. With the support of the Risk Manager, the Program Director manages the periodical update of the project risks in accordance with internal risk management procedures and proposes to top management the contingency strategy.
- The relationship with the Customer, being its direct interface, for all aspects related to the management of the project.
- Managing claims, disputes and variation orders ensuring proper negotiation under the Contract provisions
- Monitoring and reporting about the Project status and relevant KPIs.
- Project Team management.
- Experience in project team with great ability to relate with the external customer
Graduate in Engineering or equivalent Technical background
Skills & Knowledge:
- Minimum of twenty years’ experience managing Design-Build-Maintain or Public, Private Partnership contracts for electrified intercity railroad;
- Proven business experience within a complex Rail Industry and/or Engineering organization or Consulting Experience in the Rail Industry managing projects, with a demonstrable record of meeting goals on quality, delivery and cost targets;
- Ability of planning, organizing, and managing resources (financial resources, human resources etc) to ensure the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives;
- Strong leadership skills with a team-oriented and collaborative approach to work;
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Project Communications Management skills: capability to ensure timely and appropriate collection, storage, distribution and generation of project information;
- Knowledge of Project Quality/Cost/Time/Risk Management techniques Ability to communicate in a diverse and global organizational environment;
- Analytical and project management skills with attention for details; a problem-solving and driving for completion personality; multi-tasking on a daily basis, managing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, Fluent in English.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.