JR Automation is seeking System Layout Engineer in our Auburn Hills, MI location.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate and develop all internal and external integrated 3D layout design activities
- Gather required project information from Customers & Suppliers to create an integrated layout
- Organizes and participates in system layout review meetings for internal, as well as outsourced, designs
- Participate in 3D visualization review meetings
- Document information, decisions, changes related to system layout from customers and suppliers
- Create and release final installation drawings to the manufacturing department and customer installation group
- Provide and coordinate project specific information and layouts to design suppliers
- Coordinate with Build team to integrate all tools and equipment for build
- Work closely with Manufacturing, Mechanical Design, Controls Engineering and Project Management to follow a project from its inception to the final customer acceptance and sign-off, provide follow up and support
- Approve design and build buyoffs and perform quality checks
- Review all mechanical engineering drawings prior to final release, ensuring compliance for customer buyoff
- Travel to Supplier and Customer sites when required (approximately 20%)
- Develop & maintain good relationships with customers & suppliers
Note: This list of responsibilities is not inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other closely related engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in a project-build, manufacturing environment
Skills You’ll Have:
- Proficiency with AutoCad
- Proficiency with FactoryCad software a plus
- Knowledge of mechanical design software applications (NX preferred)
- Evening work may also be required
- The position may require extended hours during the workday as well as weekend work
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!