Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
The role of the Solutions / Technical Expert (TE)
- Content and Data Intelligence is to work in conjunction with the ASEAN regional sales and presales teams, leveraging technical expertise to develop compelling solutions solving customers Unstructured Data challenges. The TE can go in depth with our portfolio of technologies such as the Hitachi Content Platform, HCP-Anywhere, Hitachi Content Intelligence and other associated technologies in the object storage space.
The Technical Expert (TE) role is a highly skilled, technical sales professional is seen as a subject matter and industry expert, understanding industry trends, innovations and market directions including an advanced knowledge of the competitive landscape. While the TE works very closely with ASEAN Sales and Presales team, he also serves as a liaison to the Solutions Leads / Product Management (PM) for those solutions specific to their area of technical focus. In this liaison role, the TE provides communication to/from field teams and the Solutions / PM organizations. TE responsibilities include being the primary conduit for customer solution demonstrations and proof-of-value.
Finally, the Technical Expert will be required to play some level of Technology leadership in the ASEAN region, championing pipeline and revenue closure in Content & Data Intelligence portfolio, participating in regional calls, and the execution of programs. Given the importance of this role and solution expertise focus, the TE must be able to support multiple sales campaigns concurrently while serving as the domain expert for account teams and their customers. Job Responsibilities
• Be the primary technical champion to drive the adoption of Hitachi Vantara technologies to solve our customer's biggest unstructured data challenges.
• Provide deep technical expertise on the Content and Data Intelligence solutions portfolio
• Participate in all Presales phases including RFI / RFP, Solution Reviews, Workshops, POC/POV and other customer interactions requiring technical assessment.
• Design, Review and validate architectural designs for enabling specific use cases.
• Provide subject matter expertise in the area of Object Storage, S3 and REST APIs
• Engage and drive favorable positioning for Hitachi Vantara in competitive engagements.
• Establish and maintain core connections with product and engineering teams to represent the fields needs with respect to products and ensure that the field is kept up to date
• Represent Hitachi Vantara at a strategic level in industry events and in social media. Profile
• A minimum of 12 years' IT experience, with at least 6 years spent supporting sales in a High Value solution-oriented company primarily in Object Storage solutions.
• An excellent knowledge of Object Storage solutions, S3 protocols and REST APIs. Prior experience in working for Technology companies and System Integrators in the Object storage solution space is highly desired.
• Some skills and knowledge in selling BigData / Hadoop / Data Analytics is preferred.
• Datacenter / Cloud solutions certification from AWS, Google, VMware.. would be preferred.
• Ability to conduct Customer value workshops, participate and present in customer events, EBCs and conduct Demos clearly articulating value for customers.
• A clear understanding of a solutions sales approach and value-added selling. Experience in Challenger Sales is strongly preferred.
• This role has no direct reports. However, provides guidance to account teams. Competencies
• Highly proficient in written and spoken business English.
• Well organized, adaptable and a clear thinker with strong communication and interpersonal skills. Willingness to accept responsibility and ownership.
• Innovative, actively looking for solutions to problems, a catalyst for change.
• Ability to work as part of a team to address strategic business goals & execute programs
• The ability to manage competing business pressures effectively. Work with key stake holders, leaders in the company to bring key issues to resolution.
• A good understanding of consultative or solutions selling techniques.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge