As an Import / Export Analyst at JR Automation, you will support the import and export operations at all domestic divisions. You will participate in building a classification database for imported or exported components and machines, conduct import audits with a preferred customs broker, and support export audits on JR’s export compliance program.
What You’ll Do:
- Communicates with affiliated business units to streamline export and import processes.
- Works with team members from all business units to ensure common process, procedures and best practices are followed.
- Coordinates the day-to-day aspects of import and export compliance adhering to applicable laws and regulation pertaining to international trade as well as ensuring compliance to JR company policies
- Interfaces with freight forwarders, customs brokers, and internal and external customer
- Monitors exports and imports for all JR business units.
- Ensures current HTS (Harmonized Tariff Schedule) classification and country of origin information is accurate and complete for all imports and exports. Maintains HTS classification in corporate systems for all components.
- Assist with Internal Auditing
- Assist with developing/conducting Import/Export Training
- Maintain knowledge, research changes, and assist in training on:
- ITAR, CTPAT, NAFTA, EAR, BIS, CFR19, other applicable
- Ensures compliance with export control policies/procedures on all shipments.
- Support denied party screening as mandated by the US Government, according to consolidated screening list (CSL).
- Ensures export valuation is done in a compliant manner showing transactional value or other acceptable method.
- Facilitates export document creation to meet country requirements.
- Ensures proper Schedule B classification is applied to exports.
- Maintain export records for a minimum of 5 years for internal and potential government audits.
- Facilitates Electronic Export Information (EEI) Filing and supports export licensing.
ITAR and EAR Responsibilities
- Understand and be aware of export controls and procedures that apply to JR Automation and be aware and prepared to answer questions about products, services, customers, and individuals involved in an export transaction.
- Maintains import compliance in accordance with import policies/procedures.
- Performs HS Classification and maintains corporate dataset of HTS database.
- Identify any other relevant import requirements such as USMCA, FDA, dumping/countervailing, special country of origin marking and packaging requirements.
- Identify and properly declare tooling and assists.
- Complete post import process and ensure compliance.
- Review Customs entries to ensure accuracy of duties paid and compliance
- Maintain records – 5 years for internal audits and potential government requests
- Conduct internal audits periodically to ensure compliance to customs regulations (CFR19)
- Perform and document USMCA Qualification
- Maintains and produces USMCA Certificates of product certified.
- Solicit suppliers to provide country of origin/USMCA certificates for component parts.
- Complete analysis on relevant products according to USMCA regulations.
- Maintain and document procedures.
Note: This list of responsibilities is not inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- High school diploma required, with an Associate or bachelor’s degree in business is preferred.
- One or more years of international trade compliance experience is preferred
- Knowledge of US Customs regulations and International Anti-Bribery Laws is preferred.
- Knowledge of Incoterms, Export Administration Regulations, ITAR regulations, Customs regulations, product classification (HTS and ECCN). Knowledge of import and export regulations in countries other than the USA.
- Experience with different forms of exporting including shipping, rail, air, road, and intermodal.
Skills You’ll Have:
- Proficient in MS Office and strong research and writing abilities with public speaking confidence.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with multiple functional areas: logistics, supply chain, engineering, finance, IT, sales and project management.
- Must be willing and able to Travel up to 20%