Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you will be doing
• Conduct penetration testing across Hitachi Vantara products(Web/Thick client/Mobile/API), services, public cloud environment (Azure, AWS and GCP) and/or infrastructure.
• Serve as the security SME for penetration testing.
• Conduct vulnerability research and utilize off-the-shelf exploits.
• Be a master of identifying security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
• Engage at all point of Software Engineering project to ensure Security controls and proper risk management practices are implemented including secure coding, code review, code application scanning as part of the quality process.
• Lead root cause analysis processes based on information about the engineering groups processes, technology, and maturity.
• Lead cross functional project calls and planning sessions.
• Communicate across functional areas and update project statuses to keep project teams informed of progress and/or significant changes.
• Demonstrate ability to successfully distill complex technical information into clear, concise yet comprehensive communication material
• Understand the fundamental company security and risk management strategy and be able to apply that as fundamental pillar of the transformation strategy. What you bring to the team
• Minimum 5 years of penetration test including a fair degree of security engineering knowledge
• Experience with security testing tools (Burp suite, Appscan, WebInspector, SQLMAP, Kali, etc.)
• Experience with securing public cloud deployments and distributed systems using public cloud hosting, including GCP, AWS or Azure.
• Conduct vulnerability research pertaining to AWS, Azure or GCP relevant technologies.
• Experience writing automation to help scale security testing
• In depth knowledge of threat model, network security, cryptography, authentication and authorization.
• Experience with implementing common security frameworks and controls in highly automated environments, especially in CI/CD environments.
• Strong understanding of application security patterns including web application security (OWASP top 10, XSS, injection vulnerabilities, CSRF, platform security hardening), and mobile security (device fingerprinting, Mobile authentication and key exchange) strategies.
• Expertise in developing and implementing one or more of the following: Identity and Access Management, SSO, SAML, Open ID, OAuth2 or 2FA technologies.
• An ability to script or customize attack code as needed is a plus
• Able to communicate risks and recommendations to Senior Leadership and management.
• Demonstrate leadership, including the ability to influence all levels of management towards a common goal
• Ability to facilitate meetings with strong presentation skills and ability to quickly discern differing points of view versus derailing points of view
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and training.
• Ideally an industry recognized certification: CEH, GISC, OSCP, OSCE or alternative.
• Travel may be required - less than 25% both domestic and international Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge