Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
The role, reporting to the VP of Global Sales Enablement, is responsible for direct engagement with sales teams in the design and execution of sales enablement programs, including live on-line and face-to-face and packaged enablement training and coaching. The role has a focus to drive behavioral change in the sales teams' engagement with different buying personas, with different propositions and solutions.
With a strong sales and sales enablement/training background, the role maintains a finger-on-the-pulse with Field sales to understand the status, progress, and gaps in the competencies around sales skills, knowledge and process. Using this viewpoint, this role works as an advisor to the Global Sales Enablement team and to other stakeholder groups (e.g. Portfolio Marketing) to shape sales content development. This role also leads the enablement around sales methodology and sales skills.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
• Sales Advocate Program
o Maintain close relationships with field sales leaders and account executives to:
• raise awareness, drive usage and gather feedback on sales enablement programs and deliverables, creating field advocates to positively impact peers
• determine progress and gaps in sales skills, knowledge and process competency - working with the team to shape specific sales enablement requirements
• Sales Messaging
o Advise and coach other team members to ensure sales messaging and content development is effective for sales - in terms of usability, relevance/usefulness and language.
• Webinars and podcasts
o Act as 'talk show host' and facilitator with subject matter experts (SMEs) to deliver webinar enablement sessions and bite-sized podcasts
o With support from other team members create 'how to' videos for sales to improve adoption and usage of enablement tools and programs
• Sales methodology
o Contribute to the development of the Hitachi Vantara sales methodology, incorporating the most relevant models and techniques.
• Face-to-face training and coaching
o Deliver coaching of sales and presales representatives and provide sales skills assessment evaluations to ensure programs and activities are relevant to individual roles and needs
o Deliver onboarding training including sales skills-based training programs for new sales employees
o Facilitate training courses and workshops for internal staff and partners for ongoing training across sales and product topics, using a mixture of learning methods including ILT, self-study, computer-based training, simulation and hands-on class exercises.
o Identify common needs across regions and working with Global Learning to define training requirements
• Sales Enablement Field Plans
o Support first-line and regional sales leaders in the EMEA and APAC geographies in designing effective local sales enablement plans, utilizing centrally produced assets and programs as well as advising and assisting with face to face sessions, leveraging local resources including SMEs where possible.
• Superior collaboration skills and attitude to work with Sales, Presales, Marketing, Product, Engineering and other internal groups.
• Expertise in sales coaching, using behavioral based techniques.
• Analytical skills and ability to work with and deliver analysis of business and customer insights to management and customers.
• Comfortable with sales, project management, project planning, training and content systems as well as rolling out new processes and tools to the sales and presales teams.
• Commercial/Enterprise Selling Experience: It is imperative to have both a deep knowledge of the end to end selling experience in the enterprise software market, but also a personal point of view on best practices and a conviction to implement them. Experience of current sales methodologies and models. Knowledge of MEDDPICC is a distinct advantage.
• Critical Thinking: Distilling the business requirements of development executives and sales leaders requires both active listening skills and critical thinking.
• Accountability: The ideal candidates realize that teams invest only in training that produce business outcomes, and, as such, has a strong sense of accountability in the programs they design and deliver.
• Communication: Perhaps the most important of all requirements are the communication skills-both written and verbal-that allow this leader to establish working relationships with business development executives and sales executives. The ability to present effectively to audiences of all sizes, both internal and external to the company.
• Self Starter: A self-starter and motivated to continually enhance and improve the programs based on experiences and feedback.
• Product expertise: Desire to learn and maintain the knowledge of Pentaho, IoT, product positioning, industry eco-system and offerings as it continues to evolve.
• As a global role, some travel may be required and conference calls outside normal working hours for collaboration with individuals and teams in different time zones.
• Influencing Skills: Understanding and aligning the requirements of the aligned stakeholders blended with the global enablement objectives to ensure buy-in and flawless execution of initiatives.
• Enablement Technologies: experience in enablement tools like video-based coaching (e.g. MindTickle, Brainshark) is preferable.
This is a global role and a high degree of travel will be required (approx. 60-70%). Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge