Meet our Team
We are the Hitachi Vantara Global Cybersecurity team, and we are passionate advocates of information security! EIS has the primary responsibility for safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data, systems, and information in the enterprise. We ensure that corporate systems are secure and that products we deliver to customers are free of security flaws and vulnerabilities. We are out-of-the-box thinkers, innovators, and team players. We constantly seek new and better ways of doing things. We need highly motivated individuals to join our dynamic team who have positive attitudes and want to be part of something special. We strive for nothing less than the very best information security program! What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Develop and communicate risk and threat-based plans to drive project priorities using industry-accepted risk assessment and threat analysis methodologies.
- Be a master of identifying security design gaps in existing and proposed products and services architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- Conducting security architecture reviews of products and services created by Hitachi Vantara
- Support and advise the Chief Information Security Officer on all realms related to risk and compliance for the company including IT, Products, and Services
- Collaborate with the other leaders of Hitachi Vantara including IT, product security, and engineering
- 5+ years of security engineering experience including a solid technical foundation in security and compliance.
- Familiarity with the industry and government security standards and baselines such as the NIST 800-53, ISO 27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, DISA STIG, and CIS Benchmarks
- Experience with securing public cloud deployments and distributed systems using public cloud hosting, including GCP, AWS, or Azure.
- In-depth knowledge of risk assessments, threat modeling, network security, cryptography, authentication, secure systems development, and authorization.
- Strong understanding of application security patterns including web application security (OWASP top 10, XSS, injection vulnerabilities, CSRF, platform security hardening), and mobile security (device fingerprinting, Mobile authentication, and key exchange) strategies.
- Knowledge of DevSecOps processes and methodologies.
- Familiar with security around containers, Kubernetes and virtualization is a plus.
- Strong understanding of risk management and information security theory and practical application.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems with expertise and ingenuity.
- Ability to communicate risks and recommendations to Senior Leadership and management.
- Demonstrate leadership, including the ability to influence all levels of management towards a common goal
- Ability to facilitate meetings with strong presentation skills and ability to quickly discern differing points of view versus derailing points of view
- Strong/expert level understanding of trends in the industry for information security policy, audit, compliance, and risk management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Certifications Desired: CISSP, CEH, CSA
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry-leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours, and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge