Hitachi Vantara Federal
Hitachi Vantara Federal (HVF) combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara Federal elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. The Role
This role will serve as a Systems Integrator/Business Development Manager that works in partnership with the sales team. HVF has a team of Account Executives (AE's) that are responsible for the end-customer relationship in the Defense and Intelligence space. HVF also has a Channel team that is primarily responsible for the Value-Added Reseller (VAR) partner community. HVF has a significant market opportunity in Systems Integrator partnerships. This role will be primarily responsible for identifying and developing the SI relationships so that they can drive a meaningful revenue stream for HVF. The SI/BDM will focus on existing SI contracts (near term revenue) as well as prospective contracts that the SI community may be pursuing (longer term revenue). A successful candidate for this position is a highly motivated individual, with a strong IT and sales background. The role will require considerable time spent with the SI community - spending time with them at their facility and potentially with their project teams to both build relationships as well as determine how HVF can add value to their efforts. Strong existing relationships with the SI community is important. The SI component of the HVF strategy is a key pillar along with the end customer and VAR elements. This position will report to the Chief Revenue Officer / VP of Sales (CEO in the interim) Responsibilities
• Develop HVF Systems Integrator GTM strategy in coordination with the Sales and Channel team that ensures that HVF's share of the SI community is growing in proportion to its overall business.
• Develop and execute strategic SI plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
• Responsible for partnering with sales, specialty sales and leadership team to drive account and opportunity level sales capture plans
• Responsible for discovering and cultivating net new incremental revenue opportunities within existing and new Systems Integrator accounts and gaining access to new business through the SI partnerships
• Partner closely with Account Executives in selling into targeted accounts driving growth where the Systems Integrator has the lead
• Develop sales presentations and value messaging that supports HVF value propositions and industry differentiators for the SI community
• Help drive, execute, and reinforce the GTM messaging and strategy into the SI community and target performance area sales campaigns to drive net new growth
• Establish growth goals for the Systems Integrator community that will be measured for performance indicators at the end of the fiscal year - clear understanding of what success look like
• Recruit salespeople, set objectives, train, and coach, and monitor performance to ensure that assigned tasks and responsibilities are fulfilled.
• Identify knowledge gaps within the team and develop a plan to fill them.
• Ensure that company quotas and standards are met by holding check-ins with sales team to set objectives for the day and to monitor progress.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies. Qualifications
• 7+ years successful quota attainment selling infrastructure and analytics in the federal marketplace; ideally with or through Federal Systems Integrators
• High degree of proficiency in federal market and comprehension of industry trends, client needs and business drivers
• Strong business acumen and experience developing and delivering client facing sales presentations
• Must be able to articulate understanding of current market trends at a level that provides immediate credibility and client engagement
• Work under minimal supervision on complex projects - strong self-motivation
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to excel in a collaborative atmosphere
• Strong written communications skills
• Must want a career-oriented environment that is both fun and professional.
• Strong customer service orientation and ability to develop and maintain relationships Point of discussion during the interview:
As HVF matures as an organization, the SI/BDM role may evolve to include traditional Capture Management. As HVF is predominantly a subcontractor or uses a re-seller, the traditional Capture Management function is not as robust as it might be at a primarily "Prime" systems integrator. The SI/BDM role can help to advise what level of capture management is required for HVF at a given point in its evolution. Skills Required:
Relationship Management: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners.
Influencing and Negotiation: Ability to influence at all levels, as well as a demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team and be assertive in driving successful management strategies.
Presentation Skills: Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small, and large groups.
Action Oriented: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action.
Planning and Priority Setting: Demonstrate an ability to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals. Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
Effective Communications: Ability to listen intently, and to speak and write clearly and effectively. Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and board level.
Influencing: Expert knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to elevate the most critical questions/issues and impact decisions within and outside own organization.
Managing Multiple Priorities: Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, using deep business acumen to make effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation
As part of our overall strategy and commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, Hitachi Vantara Federal requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements under applicable federal, state, and local law. If you have any questions about this policy or require an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief, please contact Jennifer Shelton, Director Human Resources. Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and equality.
Hitachi Vantara Federal is committed to building a strong, inclusive culture that embraces diversity in our business. We will foster a sense of belonging by:
• Recruiting, retaining, developing, and mentoring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization.
• Listening and providing opportunities for feedback to create an environment that values employees' perspectives and unique experiences.
• Striving to hold ourselves accountable as an organization, as individuals, and as leaders to learn, grow and continue to evolve our DEI strategy.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.